Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Thread: PS3 Price Drop
Sharingan 15:49 7th August 2007
To get back on topic (you wouldn't believe it, but once this thread was being used for 'PS3 Price Drop' discussion, before someone began derailing it with inane offtopic drivel):

The first shops have been sighted offering the same Starter Pack (PS3 + 2 games + extra controller) for € 550. Someone even managed to haggle an extra PS3 DVD/BR remote out of the deal, so apparently, retailers are still maintaining a profit margin even at this price point.
[Reply]
Blue Jedi 15:54 7th August 2007
Asda have dropped the price of PS3 from £425 to £400 in Asda, If you dont know Asda it also called Wallmart.

I have a PS3 but I am getting board of it at the moment and I fancy a WII some of the games look awsome especially Endless Ocean and Fishing Master.

One game I garuntee will definately make use of more disk space is Final Fantasy XIII and the sequel to it.

Final Fantasy XIII is going to be awsome.

Sharigan Qoute (I doubt anything you say is going to change Blue Jedi's views and opinions, and his general negative attitude towards Sony. You'd think Sony set fire to his home, robbed his bank account AND ran over his pet dog twice to deserve the intense hate I see here).

Actually I am a PS fan thats just bitter and angry because spent £425 at launch on a PS3 then had to buy a game and regreted it every since because I have had 2 PS3 burn out and replaced and I am on my 3rd already.

It would be an undestatement to say I have a negative attude towards sony, Value for money yea right I think not. Sony deserve intense hate for how they have treated loyal gamers.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:07 7th August 2007
Originally Posted by Sharingan:
The first shops have been sighted offering the same Starter Pack (PS3 + 2 games + extra controller) for € 550. Someone even managed to haggle an extra PS3 DVD/BR remote out of the deal, so apparently, retailers are still maintaining a profit margin even at this price point.
Everything is negotiable. We just tend to accept shop prices at face value and pay them. With some bargaining you can often knock down prices. It especially works if you are buying more than one item together and paying cash for them as the shop then has no bank fees to pay for credit card or cheque transactions.
[Reply]
Blue Jedi 16:19 7th August 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Originally Posted by Sharingan:
Everything is negotiable. We just tend to accept shop prices at face value and pay them. With some bargaining you can often knock down prices. It especially works if you are buying more than one item together and paying cash for them as the shop then has no bank fees to pay for credit card or cheque transactions.
I got my PS3 with cash.
[Reply]
AlexJ 18:29 7th August 2007
Originally Posted by Blue Jedi:
The game was sold on the basis that there is 22gig of playable game content and in fact there was only 4.5 gig Insomniac and Sony will be facing haevy fines.

Resistance Fall of man will be Sonys most Exspensive game of all time they were sued for using a cathederal without permision and now they are to be inverstigated and could be sued big for this.
Sony were (to the best of my knowledge) not sued for using a 'cathederal' (sic) without permission, the copyright in the design of the building would had expired hundreds of years ago so it's in the public domain. They did apologise to the church for not notifying them first but they hadn't actually done anything wrong.

The games industry is for the most part self-regulating, so I'm not sure who exactly will be 'inverstigating and suing' (sic) Sony for the legal act of adding extra files onto a disc.
[Reply]
Harrison 10:24 8th August 2007
It was more just a moral issue from the churches perspective than anything else. Depicting violence and death within a future depiction of a house of god.

As you say, there is little they could actually do legally against Sony and the developers of the game as the building is many hundreds of years old and a key landmark in the area. It was more an exercise by the church to voice their opposition to such uses to the media.

If anything had been done legally to remove its depiction from the game then this would of had huge repercussions within the gaming industry because it would then brought into question the legality of using any real locations within gaming worlds. Even something as simple as the Statue of Liberty or the Eiffel Tower would be brought into question. Something that would be silly as this would then also hit the movie and photography industries.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 12:20 8th August 2007
My Head Hurts!!!
[Reply]
Sharingan 12:39 8th August 2007
Mine does too.

Harrison, stop posting stuff that actually makes sense, damnit.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:56 8th August 2007
I will try to make more things up in future without first thinking about them.
[Reply]
Submeg 13:07 8th August 2007
Yes more stupidity! Haha! I think that quota has been filled by me!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Up