Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22
Thread: PS3 Price Drop
Submeg 23:21 4th August 2007
wtf? that was random!
[Reply]
Blue Jedi 10:09 6th August 2007
Originally Posted by v85rawdeal:
May I just point out that the reason why the 360 will have downloadable content is the fact that the PS3 could have all that content (and a whole lot more) on the game disk itself. One of the many advantages of having a Blu-Ray drive fitted in the machine.

But seeing as it has been put back till next year, the whole thing is a moot point at the moment.
Rawdedal

The Xbox 360 does not have downloadable content for GTAIV because they could not fit GTAIV on to the 360 disks both the Xbox 360 and PS3 version are the same size game and they are both on one disk and GTAIV is being relased on both machines at the same time.

However although GTAIV will be a released for both consoles at the same time. GTA IV is Still an Xbox 360 Exclusive and that means it gets extra downloadable content because it is Exclusive to Xbox 360 this is extra, this will inclued map exspansions, weapons, veichles, Characters ect.

The PS3 will get some downloadable Missions but it wont get the exclusive Xbox 360 stuff.

The Blue rays can hold alot more than a HD DVD and some of the new ones can even hold 500 gig and over double that.

But it is not an advantage at the moment because developers are struggling to fill the Xbox 360 10 gig Dual layer DVD's so all the extra 45 gigs of space on the PS3 blue rays disk is uselesss at the moment. Its the PC that will take advantage of the Blue ray.

GTAIV is being delayed because of it has slow frame rates on both consoles and it has bugs and it is not it is unfinished.

I am glad it is delayed because I would rather they took there time and made it awsome instead of rushing it.
[Reply]
AlexJ 10:14 6th August 2007
Originally Posted by Blue Jedi:
Originally Posted by v85rawdeal:
May I just point out that the reason why the 360 will have downloadable content is the fact that the PS3 could have all that content (and a whole lot more) on the game disk itself. One of the many advantages of having a Blu-Ray drive fitted in the machine.

But seeing as it has been put back till next year, the whole thing is a moot point at the moment.
Rawdedal

The Xbox 360 does not have downloadable content for GTAIV because they could not fit GTAIV on to a HD DVD dont be silly both the Xbox 360 and PS3 version are the same size game and they are both on one disk and GTAIV is being relased on both machines at the same time.

However although GTAIV will be a released for both consoles at the same time. GTA IV is Still an Xbox 360 Exclusive and that means it gets extra downloadable content because it is Exclusive to Xbox 360 this is extra, this will inclued map exspansions, weapons, veichles, Characters ect.

The PS3 will get some downloadable Missions but it wont get the exclusive Xbox 360 stuff.

The Blue rays can hold alot more than a HD DVD and some of the new ones can even hold 500 gig and over double that.

But it is not that much of an advantage at the moment because developers are struggling to fill the Xbox 360 HD DVD so all the extra space on the PS3 blue rays is uselesss at the moment. Its the PC that will take advantage of the Blue ray.
You're talking bollocks! The XBox 360 is fitted with a normal DVD (not HD DVD) drive as standard with an optional add on HD DVD drive. Hardly any games are being released on HD DVD for the 360 because the optional add on isn't widespread enough. A total of 155,000 Xbox HD DVD drives were sold in North America (The 360's biggest market). Compare that to the figure sold (5.4 million) and that means 3% of 360 owners in North America are able to play HD DVD games. Why would a developer release a game on that format when currently 97% of 360 owners won't buy it?
[Reply]
J T 10:46 6th August 2007
Has there ever been a really, truly successful add-on?

I can think of a fair few that weren't particularly successful (well, in the gaming sphere at least): Mega CD, Sega 32X, N64DD (was pretty much abandoned never released properly) - not to mention the tons of gimmicky peripherals like the nintendo power glove.

I think you mean 50 gig. HD-DVD can't hold quite that much, but isn't leagues behind.
[Reply]
Blue Jedi 11:02 6th August 2007
Alex you a PS3 fan boy by any chance your PS3 bible bashing more nonsence again wally. Blah Blah Blah Blah.

All 360 games are in HD and can display 720p and 1080p

Blue ray is not an advantage for PS3 at the moment because developers are still struggling to fill the Xbox 360 10 gig Dual layer DVD's so all the extra 45 gigs of space on the PS3 blue rays disk's is uselesss at the moment.

The newer Blue rays can hold alot more than hold 500 gig and over double that.
[Reply]
AlexJ 11:31 6th August 2007
My post made no reference to PS3. You are confusing High Definition (that's the display resolution) with High Density DVD (which is a higher capacity DVD format).

The 360 can do the former but requires an add-on to do the latter.

EDIT: Glad to see you retracted the 'wally' comment.
[Reply]
Blue Jedi 11:50 6th August 2007
Alex your confused full stop

And I dident retract wally.
[Reply]
Sharingan 11:57 6th August 2007
The irony of it all.

And I remember someone in the distant past saying that we'd never need more than 640kb of memory. How right he was. I believe his last name started with a G, and ended with an S.
[Reply]
Blue Jedi 12:04 6th August 2007
Who would have thought it is amazing really.
[Reply]
AlexJ 12:06 6th August 2007
And I dident retract wally.
Yep you did at 12:32. You replaced it at 12:45. All edits to messages are logged. Anyway, I'm sure people can make up their own mind on just who the 'wally' is here.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22
Up