Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13
Thread: PS3 Price Drop
Harrison 01:10 24th July 2007
I can imagine the Xbox 360 and PS3 will both allow more tweaking, cunstomising and modding because they both had harddrive storage available. This was seen in some games on a more limited level with the original Xbox. I still just don't think games of this nature work well on consoles. Also to create the mods I expect a PC would be needed, as I cannot imagine anyone wanting to try and design complate 3D levels for a mod on a console!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 05:09 24th July 2007
Originally Posted by :
Also to create the mods I expect a PC would be needed, as I cannot imagine anyone wanting to try and design complate 3D levels for a mod on a console!
Right, but there's always a small community.

But I have the same opinion as JT, I don't play a lot, so I'll still wait until there is some modchip or fw update released that lets you play copies.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:07 24th July 2007
I have the feeling that it might be a custom firmware that cracks the PS3, much like the PSP. And it will come once a backdoor exploit is found in a game, again similar to how the PSP is downgraded, and the xbox is soft modded.

But it will take time to find.
[Reply]
Teho 18:21 24th July 2007
Incidentally, I heard someone suggest that if such an exploit will be found, it's going to be through the ability to mod Unreal Tournament.
[Reply]
J T 20:57 24th July 2007
'Back-door exploit'

*snigger*

No wonder people are saying sony is teh ghey
[Reply]
Harrison 01:10 25th July 2007
Originally Posted by Teho:
Incidentally, I heard someone suggest that if such an exploit will be found, it's going to be through the ability to mod Unreal Tournament.
Hmm... not sure about that. In the past exploits have eventually been found in the save game code from some of the earlier games releases on systems. With the Xbox it was the original version of Mech Assault and a few other early games that were found to contain the save game code needed, and on the PSP it was GTA, and now Lumines, both early releases on the platform.

But as with anything that is an exploit it takes time for the coders to work it out and create something that can be used. It might also come later due to something in an as yet unreleased firmware version that they suddenly discover can be exploited through the use of specific games.

It does amaze me how they people actually find these exploits. They must sit there pulling apart and amalysing the code for everything they can get their hands on until they find something that works. Mad.
[Reply]
Submeg 04:44 25th July 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
It does amaze me how they people actually find these exploits. They must sit there pulling apart and amalysing the code for everything they can get their hands on until they find something that works. Mad.
I think the correct term is:

NERD!
[Reply]
J T 09:07 25th July 2007
Originally Posted by Submeg:
Originally Posted by Harrison:
I think the correct term is:

NERD!
Yeah, true, but gawd bless 'em for enabling us to play our backup copies
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 09:49 25th July 2007
Originally Posted by :
Yeah, true, but gawd bless 'em for enabling us to play our backup copies
Indeed, never seen it that way, nerds are great, but keep away from them if you can.
[Reply]
Submeg 12:56 25th July 2007
they are cool if they give you info but dont try to be your friends
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13
Up