Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17
Thread: PS3 Price Drop
Demon Cleaner 11:49 31st July 2007
So you like beat'em ups? I would never buy any, as I don't like them (besides IK+), I only play them for 2-3 combats, then they're placed in my map folder. Then again, I don't buy any games at all, but if I had a PS3 now, I'd be forced to buy some, as there's no other solution.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:53 31st July 2007
Virtua Fighter V is rumoured to and play very nicely. I've like the series since the third game on the Dreamcast, although I'm more of a Tekken fan myself.
[Reply]
Sharingan 14:15 31st July 2007
I love beat'em ups. Though, I have to admit I'm crap at them. Can't count the amount of times I've been trashed at games of Street Fighter II in the arcades ... good times. I guess I just don't have the twitchy kind of reactions needed to be good at this genre.

Still, I like to play them, and I'm especially into the Soul Calibur series (but I like my Tekken as well). I've never tried the Virtua Fighter series actually, but I figured I might as well try now.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:21 31st July 2007
What about Heavenly Sword? I have seen a video of the first level played through by some guy, and it just looked awesome, kinda reminded me of God of War. At Game Informer they have 10 videos of the 1st level for d/l.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:32 31st July 2007
I've not heard of that one. Will have to take a look.

The Soul Calibur series is my favourite Beat 'Em Up series on any platform. Soul Edge on the Playstation was amazing at the time. That intro is still brilliant, and the first Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast still looks as good as anything that appeared on the PS2 or Xbox. Just shows what they could have done with the Dreamcast if only... And Soul Calibur 2 on the Xbox, and Soul Calibur 3 on the PS2. All great games. I cannot wait for the next one.
[Reply]
Teho 14:40 31st July 2007
There is a playable Heavenly Sword demo in the Playstation Store. It's very short unfortunately, but what was there was very enjoyable. I can see why the press nicknames it 'Goddess of War' as you do get some serious God of War vibes playing it. The main character even has similar chain-blades for her long range attacks. The combat flows very nicely along, with the combosystem being very versatile. You have your three different fightingstances which you easily change between by holding a corresponding shoulderbutton. You can for example start off a combo with some light, long range attacks, turn and continue on the guy approaching from behind with normal attacks and finish it off with a heavy, close-range blow without pausing. You can also pick up just about anything and throw around, including dead enemies.

Because of how short the demo is you don't get any feel for the game's actual depth, but this fighting system seems like it has a lot to offer. It doesn't seem like that is going to be repetetive soon at least. From what I've seen so far, I'm definitely going to get this game.

Go grab the demo, Sharingan. It's a big download for such a short experience, but worth checking out still.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:47 31st July 2007
And the visuals are just plain beautiful
[Reply]
Harrison 15:33 31st July 2007
I just watched a couple of the Heavenly Sword video clips and it does look great. I love the way the bow system seems to work, guiding the arrow in first person perspective till it reaches its target. Very nice.
[Reply]
Sharingan 16:11 31st July 2007
Oh, I'll definitely grab the Heavenly Sword demo once I hook up the PS3 to the 'net. I've been loosely following this game's development, and from what I've seen, it's going to be rad. Definitely one of my most anticipated titles.

As for Soul Edge, yeah, that intro was brilliant. I'd sometimes boot up the game just to watch it. Soul Calibur 4 is going to be sick, I'm sure
[Reply]
J T 20:09 31st July 2007
Originally Posted by :
the console itself only cost me a mere 435 quid.
Crikey.... that is quite a lot in my book.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17
Up