Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Thread: PS3 news and tidbits thread
Submeg 06:23 13th January 2009
Finished R2, doing it again. Just bought CoD 4
[Reply]
Sharingan 06:32 8th February 2009
RESIDENT EVIL 5 DEMO. No walking and shooting at the same time. WTF.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:51 9th February 2009
I never was into the setting of Resident Evil games, and I think whatever score it gets, I won't buy it.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:00 9th February 2009
I love RE games, but none of the recent ones have managed to match the first two games in the series. There was something great about the first one on the PSX especially.

The voice acting was bad it was true, but that added to the game somehow, and the puzzles and combat was great. The second game, splitting the game into two characters, showing parts of the game from two different perspectives was just as good. But for me the third was a bit boring as it was just more of the same and didn't add anything new. And while RE4 was good, it didn't have the impact the original had on me.

The controls have always been a bit awkward though, but I don't remember them really getting in the way when playing the first couple of games. And I completed the first RE on the PSX over a weekend, in about 13 hours I think.

Still, none of them are as good as the first Silent Hill.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:03 9th February 2009
The only one I played a bit was Nemesis, wasn't that the 3rd one?

Btw, I knew you would reply to this, because I know you like the RE games
[Reply]
Harrison 15:31 9th February 2009
Indeed. The RE games do date quite well. The Gamecube update of the first one was very nicely done, and while the graphics were improved, the main story, puzzles and gameplay remained quite similar, and it wasn't boring to replay it all.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 16:55 10th February 2009
I have only ever played two RE games, RE on the PSX (Still have it) and Resident Wiivil on the ... you guessed it... Wii (which I also still have).
[Reply]
Harrison 23:05 10th February 2009
My personal favourite was the Dreamcast original of Code Veronica.

However for Survival Horror none can beat the Square Survival Horror RPG, Parasite Eve. That is a brilliant game, right from near the start in the theatre, when you are walking down a corridor and a rat attacks you, and then mutates from a normal looking rat, into something hideous. The combat system is quite cool too.
[Reply]
Sharingan 18:42 3rd June 2009
So, E3 2009 is well on its way, and most big gaming companies have had their press conferences.

At the Sony conference, the following things (among others) were announced/shown:

- Uncharted 2 gameplay footage
- God of War III gameplay footage, dated for March 2010
- Gameplay footage of a 256-player game of MAG
- Debut Gran Turismo 5 trailer revealed
- Agent announced, a new exclusive IP for the PS3 from Rockstar Games
- Final Fantasy XIV - PS3 exclusive MMORPG
- Trailer of Team ICO's The Last Guardian revealed!
- Modnation Racing, the LittleBigPlanet of kart racing games
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for PSP
- Gran Turismo for PSP
- LittleBigPlanet for PSP
- Resident Evil Portable
- Motorstorm: Arctic Edge for PSP.
- PSP Go!
- New motion controller for the PS3

Sadly, nothing was shown of Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time and Heavy Rain.

Other PS3 games shown at E3 2009:

- EyePet (Sony)
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (Tecmo)
- White Knight Chronicles (Sony)
- Metal Gear Rising (announced at MS press convo; Konami lists it as a PS3 game too)
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (Konami)
- Assassin's Creed 2 (Ubisoft)
- Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix)
- Lost Planet 2 (Capcom)
- Quantum Theory (Tecmo)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 00:26 4th June 2009
Just played through the Red Faction: Guerrilla and inFAMOUS demos. RF:G is really nice, still a bit fiddly with the controls, have to get used to them. The GeoMod 2.0 is really cool, you can destroy everything around in its smallest bits. But I enjoyed inFAMOUS most, it's pure fun running, climbing, flying, falling, shooting... around, pretty cool. I'm sure I'm gonna buy the game. Thumbs up

Still waiting for a Prototype demo, the trailers look awesome.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Up