Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24
Thread: PS3 news and tidbits thread
Harrison 13:58 28th January 2008
That is great news. I was worried that because Sony had initially removed rumble support that the developers would have left it out of the games, but some you list are quite early titles so that is good to know.
[Reply]
AlexJ 15:40 28th January 2008
I'd imagine it's relatively easy to add rumble into a game with an patch/update.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:41 28th January 2008
Maybe. But surely it is quite a complex thing as it needs to be coded to the actions of the player, as well as set pieces within a game. So, much like triggered audio events in a game.
[Reply]
Sharingan 07:08 29th January 2008
Burnout Paradise turned out to be a spiffy game. I initially had some reservations about it, but after trying the full game for an hour or two, I can say it's been a thrilling ride so far - and I haven't even touched the online option yet. Criterion has really outdone themselves creating the city in which the game takes place - it feels alive like a real city would, and it looks and sounds absolutely fantastic.
[Reply]
Sharingan 18:58 6th February 2008
Devil May Cry 4 will be released in Europe on the 8th of February.

I liked the demo, but I'm not sure I'll be getting the game right away - I didn't even finish part 3.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 17:54 27th March 2008
Originally Posted by :
Update features (ver 2.20)

Find out what features are included in PS3 system software update 2.20.
An update to the PS3 system software was released on March 25, 2008. If you update your PS3 system, the system software version will be 2.20 and the following features will be updated. In order to download PS3 system software version 2.20, you will need a minimum 130Mb of free space on either the PS3 Hard Disk Drive (System Update) or on removable storage media (PC Update).
Main features in system software update version 2.20
  • BD-LIVE support
Blu-ray Disc Profile 2.0 (BD-LIVE) is now supported. Visit the BD-Live guide in Help & Support under PS3 > Video at eu.playstation.com for more details.
  • Copying playlists

You can now copy playlists that you create in Music and Photo to a PSP system. Visit the Copying playlists guide in Help & Support under PS3 > Getting started > Managing Files on PS3 at eu.playstation.com for more details.
Other new or revised features in version 2.20
Settings
  • The way you register Bluetooth devices has changed. Also, you can now manage your registered devices.
  • A [BD Internet Connection] setting has been added under [BD/DVD Settings].
  • An [Audio Output Device] setting has been added under [Remote Play Settings].
Photo
  • You can now display an image while editing a playlist.
Music
  • You can now play a music track while editing a playlist.
Video
  • You can now play DivX and WMV format files that are 2GB or larger.
  • You can now display subtitles in DivX-format video files.
  • You can now begin playing a DVD from the point where you previously stopped it (Resume Play).
  • A [Mosquito Noise Reduction] option has been added under [AV Settings] in the control panel for standard DVDs.
  • You can now play BD-R version 1.2 (LTH* BD-R) discs.
* LTH, or low to high, is a recording method that supports organic dye write-once BD-R media.
Network

• You can now change some PS3 system settings during remote play.
  • [Save Target] has been added as an option under [File] in the browse mode menu of the Internet browser. This option lets you save a file that is linked from a Web page, such as an image or video file, or other type of file, to your PS3 system's hard drive or storage media.
  • The Internet browser now displays some Web pages more quickly.
  • Using the Internet browser, you can now play a linked video file* as it is being downloaded.
* Some types of video files cannot be viewed in this manner and must be downloaded completely before playback.
Note:

• This system software update includes all features contained in previous versions.
  • The new system software will preserve any settings previously made to the PLAYSTATION 3. Depending on the software title, you may not be able to play without first updating the PS3 system software.
  • Do not perform updates using any data other than the official update data provided by Sony Computer Entertainment over a network or on disc media, and do not perform updates by methods other than those described in the product documentation or in this site. If an update is performed using data from another source, by another method, or with a PS3 system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PS3 system may not operate properly and may not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions may void the PS3 system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.

Click here to download...
[Reply]
toomanymikes 07:47 28th March 2008
Cool. Downside is I wont have the net for a month as I have moved house. That means I can only much around on the net for an hour a day over my lunch break at work. I may actually get things done!
[Reply]
Harrison 12:13 28th March 2008
Some very nice updates included there. I especially like the DivX additions to support subtitles and larger files. Very useful. And the playlist functionality is good too.

The PS3 is quickly become a very nice multimedia system and at it's current price point is much more desirable than any standalone BD player.

Now to work out if and when I can afford to buy one. Maybe I should include it on my wedding list, under the 60" Pioneer HDTV!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 12:45 28th March 2008
Originally Posted by toomanymikes:
Cool. Downside is I wont have the net for a month as I have moved house. That means I can only much around on the net for an hour a day over my lunch break at work. I may actually get things done!
So just download the update to a memory stick in your lunch break.
[Reply]
toomanymikes 07:26 31st March 2008
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
Originally Posted by toomanymikes:
So just download the update to a memory stick in your lunch break.
Thats why I post on this forum - to get people to think for me!
Good plan.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24
Up