Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27
Thread: PS3 news and tidbits thread
Submeg 15:28 13th June 2008
I just killed the first boss...I forgot how scary and twisted MGS can be at times...Not freaked out too much, but enough to send chills up my spine
[Reply]
Sharingan 18:28 13th June 2008
Agreed with Sub about reviewers being way too nitpicky these days.

The game doesn't boast 100+ hours of adrenaline pumping gameplay? That's 10 points off the score!

No super duper 500 billion polygon graphics with gigabit lighting and hyperdrive texture mapping? This game looks like crap!

What's this? A framerate skip? Unacceptable!

Wait, you mean this game doesn't do my laundry and cook me meals? What a travesty.

I don't even read reviews anymore - I bought the game trusting Kojima to have created another great adventure, and to me, he's delivered the goods yet again. Everything from the controls, the gameplay, the sound effects, the storyline to the visuals just spell 'quality'.
[Reply]
Submeg 23:31 13th June 2008
Here Here! It is definately the best game I have played on PS3 so far....very nice! I'm actually watching the story and realising I have 2 go back and play them all again!
[Reply]
svenof9 09:22 15th June 2008
Originally Posted by v85rawdeal:
That reminds me.

I was recently informed that the reason that Gamestation seems to have lots of second-hand 360s is that they are, for the most, new stock that just isnt selling.

It looks like it could be a case of opening them, listing them as sold, and then selling them off as second-hand. Same as happens in the car market.
If a member of Gamestation staff is doing that, they are gonna land themselves in serious trouble. The truth is that at least half the machines that get delivered end up being used as faulty replacements, and they are having loads of 360s traded in due to the continual failures of the hardware. That + MGS4 = trading machine for PS3. I heard from a contact that at his store, one guy in the last week who had sent his Elite back to M$ as it had red ringed and they sent him it back "repaired", it wouldn't even switch on. It was within the year so as stated under the consumer protection act they swopped it for a new one and put the machine in the pile of Xbox 360 going back faulty. He then traded the new machine in for a PS3. I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't happening everywhere to be honest.

As for sales since December there has only been one month where the PS3 hasn't outsold the 360 2:1 in the UK an that was April with the price drop on the 360 - but it still didn't sell more units than the PS3, just got close.

Its the ST 520 and A500 all over again - same patterns in retail - same development pattern for the games.... and the ST/360 owners will wish they had bought A500/PS3 ...

PS Hi all
[Reply]
Sharingan 20:42 17th June 2008
Welcome svenof9!

Sales for MGS4 have been very encouraging so far, reaching over 1.5 million units (worldwide) on the first day alone. Konami deserves the moolah too, for bringing us such a quality game. Everything else appears crappy in comparison.
[Reply]
Submeg 07:26 18th June 2008
Just finished MGS, was quite a good ending to the Snake era. Was a very good game, and the story was explained well and completed nicely. Can't wait for what they come up with next!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 11:07 18th June 2008
Originally Posted by Submeg:
Just finished MGS, was quite a good ending to the Snake era. Was a very good game, and the story was explained well and completed nicely. Can't wait for what they come up with next!
Already? So how long do you need for the whole game to complete?
[Reply]
Submeg 12:20 18th June 2008
Not too long, I will have a look at my play time in a min. Mind you I am a dedicated MGS player so yea I played it hard and fast lol
[Reply]
Harrison 13:24 18th June 2008
And you are also a student so have a lot of free time on your hands!
[Reply]
Submeg 23:17 18th June 2008
Hmm, yes at the moment I do, but I have one more assignment and an exam to do then I will have copious amounts of free time!! hehe
[Reply]
Tags:Array
7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27
Up