Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You shouldn't take it all so seriously mate, but I know how dear to your heart Fallout is. One of the dedicated fans that Bethesda must now be dreading the "fallout" from once the game is released!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello all,

Yesterday a copy of NWN2 Mask of the Betrayer came with the mail, a gift from a friend of mine in Guam.
    Unfortunate my current video card can't handle it but I am looking forwards to playing it as I have heard quite some good stories about the expansion pack compared to the OC.

Also, if any of you see any cheap offers on Star Trek Bridge Commander, please tell.
    I am looking for this game for my friend, but they tend to become very expensive quickly.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is Bridge Commander quite rare now then? I bought it on launch for about £14 I think.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Is Bridge Commander quite rare now then? I bought it on launch for about £14 I think.
    Hi Harrison,

Quite rare on the moment, if you might remember; the whole mess between Activision and Paramount started quickly after the release of Bridge Commander, but apparently Starfleet Command 3 was still released before it truly got out of hand.

Production of Bridge Commander CDROMS stopped.

But if you happen to know a cheap copy somewhere, do contact me.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I see one I will let you know.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have any of you read the reviews for SimCity Societies? It's been getting quite bad reviews, and from reading a couple of the reviews it isn't up to the standard of the rest of the series. And having a different developer has to be to blame.

One game no one has mentioned is Crysis. This game has now been released and it is every bit as great as expected. It easily surpassed FarCry. If you have a machine powerful enough to run it then it's a recommended purchase.

Interestingly there is also Far Cry 2 in development, so it will be interesting to see how that turns out.

And a couple of other recent releases for FPS fans are Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, and Hellgate London. Both very good, and both focusing a lot of their gameplay multiplayer online. Hellgate is actually a FPS RPG. I've not played it yet but it looks interesting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,

Well I tried to find that space game Harrison brought up some time ago for that friend of mine, but apparently its sold out in both the US and Europe.
    I guess there really was a very limited number of boxed editions of this game produced.

Does anyone here know a list of what PC games will come out in December?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sure, here is a list for you. But there isn't much that is very good being released in December, do I've also done a list of recently released games so you can see what has just been released, as a lot of great games have just come out.

Here is a list of some of the best games released in the past few months:

Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare
    Crysis (if and when anyone has a system able to run it, this is a much have game).
    Unreal Tournament III
    Football Manager 2008
    Half-Life 2: The Orange Box
    Championship Manager 2008
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Expansion Pack
    Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance (expansion pack)
    Company of Heroes Gold Edition
    Kane and Lynch: Dead Men
    World of Warcraft: Battle Chest (worth getting just for the collecting aspect of it)
    Need for Speed: ProStreet
    PES 2008
    Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties (expansion pack)
    Civ IV: Complete edition
    Gears of War
    SimCity Societies (avoid, really bad game)
    The Settlers VI: Rise of an Empire
    Hellgate: London
    The Witcher
    Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer (exp pack)
    Colin McRaie: DiRT
    Tom Clany's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
    Bioshock
    Medieval II: Total War - Kingdoms (exp pack)
    FEAR - Perseus Mandate (standalone Expansion pack)
    Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
    Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
    Empire Earth III
    Tabula Rasa (great new Sci-Fi based MMO)
    Painkiller: Overdose
    Guild Wars: Eye of the North
    Medal of Honor: Airborne (great game)
    Race 07 (a good racing game)
    World in Conflict (brilliant RTS)
    Command and Conquer III (one of the best in the series so far)
    Timeshift (nice FPS with time shifting abilities. pause time mid battle, steal all the enemies guns and shoot them with them, and then unfreeze time and watch them all fall, or slow time, shoot them all with exploding arrows, speed time back up and watch them all explode!)

And coming at the end of November and in December are:

Blacksite: Area 51 (big shooter based on the famous Area 51 arcade game)
    Sudden Strike 3: Arms of Victory
    Real Estate Empire
    Stranger
    Spaceforce: Captains (interesting looking space RTS)
    Solider of Fortune: Payback
    Juiced 2 (I've got the PS2 version, and while it is an OK racer it doesn't do much new, and the graphics are very bright and neon like, and very unrealistic. Quite a fun racer but also very easy if you have played a few racers in the past).
    The Golden Compass
    Galactiv Civilization
    Rush to Berlin (nice RTS)
    World of Chaos (RPG advanture, but I don't know much about it)
    Heroes of Might and Magic: Complete Edition
    Winter Challenge 2008
    Frontlines: Fuel of War
    Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus
    Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy
    The Suffering
    Pirates of the Burning Sea (out just into Jan, this is meant to be a good pirate game).
    Universe At War: Earth Assault
    Aurora: The Secrets Within (interesting horror adventure game)
    SunAge (this looks interesting. Sci-Fi based future setting post-apocalypse. fighting between three races)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Harrison,

You're right, there really hasn't been anything much of interest released lately.
    So far the only game I am looking forwards too next year is Half Life 2 Episode 3, well if Valve don't postpone it.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, if you are into FPS or RTS games then many of the games I listed in the recent releases are some of the best ever made, but I don't see much that is "must have" in the December release schedule. Pirates of the Burning Sea is about the only one that really interests me and that is out on the 8th Jan.