Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F1 calendar

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes yo are right, but, if fans are not happy, if they dont see F1, there is not return in money....
    so they should keep fans satisfied...
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We both know that is true, but to the FIA money is their biggest concern and they don't seem that bothered by fans. Well... that is until they don't get any turning up at races. Look at the situation a few years ago where some races were a complete disaster with the US GP being nearly empty and some other races not able to sell tickets. At least with the current drivers it has been attracting fans, both old and new, back to the races. And this year with all of the controversy has actually helped the sport become a lot more popular.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I think once Bernie leaves F1 (he is old, he can't have long to live!) we could see a big change in how it is controlled and run. He is a business man who controls it purely from a financial point of view, not the fans point of view.
    It could make things worse. Despite being there to make money, Bernie also knows his racing having entered GP, owned teams and managed drivers. Money is his no.1 priority but he knows there are occasions when short-term gain could mean a net-loss long term with fans deserting. After he's gone, the banks might be in charge and then it will be 100% money making - no thought at all spared for the fans.

What costs does that actually cover? I've heard many times about how much it costs the teams to fly the equipment and support staff out to each location, and the extra technical expenses involved with data communication..
    2 race cars, 10,000kg of air freight and 20 people. Bridgestone cover the cost of flying the tyres out.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would imagine that most teams take more than that to the race weekend though. What about their third "spare" car for one?

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would imagine that most teams take more than that to the race weekend though. What about their third "spare" car for one?
    Each team also gets a 4.2% share of the TV revenue providing they attend every GP. By expanding the worldwide appeal of the sport, more TV stations take coverage, resulting in increased TV revenue which the teams get a cut of. This probably makes it cost effective to do the flyaways.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I bet that share in the TV revenue makes bernie cry!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Come on anyone except Ferrari (Although i will allow Massa get a couple of points)and Alonso (who is a whinging pussy).
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Downloads
    Uploads
    DC made a nice outburst to Louise goodman this morning in the race after massa took him out!
    :thumbs: Amiga, Wii Amiga on wii! SORTED! :thumbs:
    [img]http://www.my-wii.co.uk/wiibanner.jpg[/img]

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by StuKeith View Post
    DC made a nice outburst to Louise goodman this morning in the race after massa took him out!
    Yeah, noticed they'd cut it out of the re-run (can't think why). It was something along the lines of "He better apologize or I'll knock three shades of s**t of of the little b**tard" What is it with these Red Bull drivers and swearing on TV?

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    They've got wings.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD