C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Flash games collection

I just came across this https://flashpointarchive.org/. A preservation site for flash games. I'm currently trying it out, you can either download the torrent, which is 1.4TB or you just install the Flashpoint 12.1 Infinity software and you will have to access to all the games. I just did an update and there are now 194.920 games in the archive. Only have to find some good ones, because as far as I remember most of the stuff is utter crap.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice find.

I used to be a Flash developer. Started using it whilst still at University when it was first launched as Macromedia Flash 3. Then when version 4 was released it added a full blown programing language to make it a full development environment, rather then just a 2D animation timeline creator. Then with my first job in a design agency post of my job as a New Media developer was to develop Flash projects. These ranges from interactive presentations to games. We even created our own 3D game engine within Flash for a Rugby game.

I was so sad then Flash declined and was then canceled. So sad Adobe didn't continue to develop it and change it to start using HTML5. The alternatives they have been developing are not even close and you can't do anything similar with them. It's like we have taken a big step back.

Anyway, I will definitely be taking a look at this and see if anything I know or was involved with is in here.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Home Run Rally on Lifesaver games (that's an American 'candy' brand) was dope. My mate and I spent ages on that in the computer lab in first year uni.

Pico's school (on Homegrounds) was neat.

Are either of those on there?

I can't remember all that many other flash games really.

But..... 1.4TB

- - - Updated - - -

I see there is a search on the website

And yes Home Run Rally is on there. It'd be nice* if I could play it again without downloading everything.

*for probably 45 seconds

- - - Updated - - -

Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 4.05.47 pm.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Nice find.

I used to be a Flash developer. Started using it whilst still at University when it was first launched as Macromedia Flash 3. Then when version 4 was released it added a full blown programing language to make it a full development environment, rather then just a 2D animation timeline creator. Then with my first job in a design agency post of my job as a New Media developer was to develop Flash projects. These ranges from interactive presentations to games. We even created our own 3D game engine within Flash for a Rugby game.

I was so sad then Flash declined and was then canceled. So sad Adobe didn't continue to develop it and change it to start using HTML5. The alternatives they have been developing are not even close and you can't do anything similar with them. It's like we have taken a big step back.

Anyway, I will definitely be taking a look at this and see if anything I know or was involved with is in here.
    Wow H. - You a Developer for Flash. - I had no idea.....
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Trying to get points back

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    Trying to get points back
    Keh?

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

To begin with I was mainly a Macromedia Director developer, making interactive business presentations and interactive kiosk help and advice systems. But as Flash became really popular online and as I'd been using it since it begin I built a load of things in Flash too. Plus you could integrate Flash movies into Director and make them communicate between each other. I worked with a guy who knew Flash inside out and was really talented at coding anything we could think of. I was more the same with Director and its Lingo language.

But as a New Media developer I did far more. Fully use Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, 3DSMax, Maya etc
    Made a lot of business to business video productions over the years too. Love After Effects. I was also fully trained on Descreet post production systems, starting with Combustion for its retoscoping and integration of 3D modeling and a 3D workspace inside of a video production. Great times.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    WOW H.... Serious talents....

& this is going back a while now (He's not been on here since 2009, but back in the AmiBay days & Iirc, Arnljot was into programming for Flash in a really big way.