Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Two new family members

We have now welcomed two new family members into our house. 6 month old cat sisters. A ginger one called Honey and a grey tabby with lovely spots called Lyra.

They were already named by their original owner who sold them due to discovering her daughter was alergic.

My wife found them advertised for sale online after looking for ages after we lost our last cat Luna. The lady lived in Kent so some way from us, but she was really keen to sell them to us after she had spoken to my wife. We thought it a bit strange considering the distance but she agreed to meet us in Worthing which is half way.

She said she would give us everything she has for them inclusing litter trays and beds as she wouldn't need them any more, but when we met her it was mad what she gave us. It filled the whole boot of our estate car. She gave us 2 electronic cat feeders, a water fountain, 3 litter trays, and collapsible cat carrier, loads of scratching mats, a smaller scratching post, a huge 5 foot high cat tree they love to sleep in, 5 bags of cat litter, a huge bag of biscuits and a lot of cat wet food pouches. 2 cat harnesses and leads. And even more stuff. It was mad.

She had also only just had them spayed which would have cost as much as she was selling them for, and they are both microchipped and fully vaccinated.

We picked them up on the 27th December and they have settled in really well. Lovely friendly cats the purr a lot and love to be picked up and stroked. They even roll over for their tummies to be tickled which is very strange for a cat.

They have been unsure of the dog so far but have been getting closer to her. Willow is really good and just lies there not moving, just watching them. They skirt around her and sometimes edge towards her for a closer look, but haven't got too close yet. When they can go outside together I expect they will more.

It's a bit sad because our last cat Luna was best friends with Willow. Right from 6 weeks old she went stright into the kitchen and said hello to what must have been a huge labrador, and they bonded straight way. They would run around the garden together sniffing and looking at things and would chase each other. I do think the dog misses her as she's much quieter now. I hope she becomes friends with the new cats, but as sisters they do everything together. If one is doing something the other has to come and see what it is and join in. They don't leave each other alone.

This weekend is the first time we will introduce them to outside, probably on that leads as we don't know how they will react. They haven't yet been outside their whole lives. Our last cat was outside far younger.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Too much feline fur for me.....

No loyalty from cats. - They'll purr up anywhere they get attention, where as a Dog will always be loyal to it's owner.

I spect your Labrador is thinking... ah well, if the boss doesn't feed me one day, there's plenty of pussy round here to compensate!
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post
    No loyalty from cats. - They'll purr up anywhere they get attention, where as a Dog will always be loyal to it's owner.
    That is completely true, which I don't like, but on the other hand they have their own mind which I kinda like again. Dog seems to be very dependent.

Nice cats anyway

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post
    That is completely true, which I don't like, but on the other hand they have their own mind which I kinda like again. Dog seems to be very dependent.

Nice cats anyway
    Yeah DC. - Pretty pussy cat's for sure....

But no thanks. - Itch - Scratch - Frickin Flea bites - Chemical Fixes for flea bites - Sneezing from the fur - Anti-Histamines to stop fur sneeze - Scratches from razor like claws - itching from fur (lost cat hair) touching your skin - 420 calibre Shotgun, 12 Bore in case you miss with a 420 - AK 47 for that African feeling back to the Jungle....

Even @ my age, ....There is only room for one pussy in my home & that's my darling Deb!
    Last edited by Kin Hell; 12th January 2024 at 19:34.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm definitely a Dog person. I have owned dogs my whole life and currently have my Labrador, Willow. Yes they are more dependant then cats, but so are most other pets. However dogs are loyal and your best friend. But my wife has always been a cat owner and although friends have had dogs Willow is the first one she's owned. She pretends she only liked cats but loves the dog really.

I've never had cats before living with my wife. When we were first going out I was really allergic to her cat. Sneezing, red eyes, itchy and had to get some allergy tablets to help. But once you live with them for a bit your body adjusts and I've not had much of an issue since. Only occasional asthma but vacuuming the house daily stops that most of the time. Vacuuming daily also nearly completely prevents fleas too for both cats and dogs, but you still need to use spot on each month to ensure as they can pick them up from outside, especially where foxes go like in my garden.

What is mad is cat food costs more than the dog food I buy.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!