I just finally managed to get hold of a copy of this game.

It is an updated version of the original Settlers 2 PC game. And that was very similar to the original Amiga game, but with a story added to the game to make it a bit more interesting.

This 10th Anniversary Edition sees a whole new 3D game engine used. It allows you to run the game in higher resolutions and has some very nice 3D graphics. Allowing you to zoom right into the action, or right out to see the whole world working.

Gameplay is just like I remember the first 2 games. Little has changed, and it is just as fun to play, watching all your little men working away, building houses, fishing, planting trees, chopping them down, sawing them up, carrying the wood to needed destinations, mining, farming. All just as I remembered.

I now just need to remember all the factors when building each type of building, such as other resources each relies on, so making sure you build certain buildings close to one another.

So if you were a fan of the original Amiga Settlers, or the sequels, I highly recommend this updated version.

And I can confirm it runs fine on Vista 64 bit and Windows 7.