Thread: Gods

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Gods

One of rare occasions today (like when the planets align): my daughter was asleep and my wife and son were out. I had at least 40 minutes to myself, so I played Gods (with slightly dodgy sound on the A1200).

Something that's been nagging me: there's a panel at the end of level 1, world 1 that I can't seem to get at. Always wondered whether it did anything. I had my phone on me so I've put a photo of it on Flickr and added a note to point it out.

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I recall that one. There's a platform that comes out from the left that you can stand on to press it. It just nets you a valuable gem. I'm not sure of the exact conditions for making the platform appear though. Sometimes it comes out when you open the final door, sometimes it doesn't. Getting most or all of the secrets in the level and not dying is crucial I think. To do that you have to activate the shortcut by pressing both the first two switches twice, but don't take it. Continue to the platform above that has three switches, two of them close together. Now try all possible configurations of these three, almost every one does something. Afterwards, backtrack and take the shortcut and proceed to end the level. If you haven't died, go back after you open the end of level door and the platform should be there. I actually just tried it to see if I remembered it right, and it did work for me. Not sure what exactly triggers it but doing the level like that seems to work, allthough I do remember times when it didn't come out and I couldn't figure out why.

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Teho. I will try that as soon as I get a chance.

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gods - I remember..."Into the wonderful". I was really into that one!! Now i know why I still like 2D platformers and don't much like new 3D plats.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I never really "liked" platformers, but if I had to chose, I would for 100% go with the 2D platformers too.