Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'd love to start creating my collection now, but £90 is a bit too much just for the privelege.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is always the much cheaper alternative of using the Cloanto utility Amiga Explorer with an Amiga connected to the PC via Null modem cable. This allows disks to be put into the Amiga drive and directly converted into ADFs over the connection directly on the PC. Using the Amiga like an external floppy drive really.

Take a look in the Private Downloads area if you are interested in this approach.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I don't have space, nor do I have any Amiga's left. It's PC-only or nothing!

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is another solution that is PC only. It requires 2 floppy drives to be installed in the PC for the software to work. Most current PC motherboards don't support 2 drives though so an older system would probably be needed. It also only works under DOS.

The software is called Disk2FDI

I'm sure I did find a newer project that updated this Disk2FDI software for Windows and better compatibility, but I can't currently find it. If I do I will post a link for you.

I have read mixed success from users with Disk2FDI. Some say it works brilliantly, while others say they can't get it to work at all. People with older systems seem to have more success though. Even as old as a 486 works.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Yes, I tried ADFRead earlier this week that uses the disk2fdi code. It reads more than half the disk successfully, but then gives read errors on some of the blocks.

Bizarrely, if I write different content to the PC floppy in the other drive, the Amiga disk read fails/succeeds in different places...

My adf archive page is now live!
    Last edited by burns flipper; 20th October 2009 at 08:18. Reason: Correct link!