Sold him now also the A1200 for 100€.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    I posted the CD32 and the CDTV in an advert newspaper in Luxembourg for 150€ both, and a guy called me that he wanted them, so he came yesterday to pick them up. I think 150€ was ok as price.
    Nice one. And good prices for these, and for your A1200.

I'm just wondering if that was the same guy we banned from Amibay a while back for making false claims about starting a museum (from his bedroom! ).

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    He was never on Amibay before, just told him about the site last week.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool. If he is interested in joining Amibay to collect for his museum project can you ask him to contact me via PM over there? We like to be informed when someone is collecting for such a project. We have had problems in the past with people claiming to be museums and asking for hardware, when in reality they are selling donated hardware on for profit. I'm not saying this is something he would do, but we just like to be informed in case any members ask in future.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    He came yesterday and picked up some stuff again. I had made him an offer for everything last week, I said that I wanted 650€ for all of the rest I have, and he agreed. Yesterday he gave me already 300€ and took some stuff, so next time, when he has the other 350€, he will pick up everything.

That's basically what I wanted, I wanted to get rid of ALL the stuff, but didn't want to sell it piece by piece on eBay.

So in the end I will get 800€ for everything, including:

- Commodore CDTV
    - Commodore CD32
    - Commodore 64 (3x)
    - Commodore 64 II
    - Commodore 116
    - Commodore SX64
    - Commodore Amiga 500
    - Commodore Amiga 1200
    - Sega Saturn
    - Sega Mega Drive
    - Nintendo (NES)
    - Super Nintendo (SNES)
    - Nintendo 64
    - Amstrad GX4000
    - Atari 1040 ST
    - Sinclair ZX Spectrum+
    - Sinclair ZX81
    - Hit10 gaming console

And of course all the other stuff like floppies, disks, joysticks, games, cables, cartridges...

The only things I kept now, is everything newer like Dreamcast, PSX & PS2, XBox and Gamecube.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's some collection he got from you. And I actually think he got a very good bargain because looking through you list some items like the SX64 are very rare and could have sold for half the total alone.

But as you say, it is much easier to find one buyer who can collect directly as it removes all the hassles of sales, packing, couriers, dealing with buyers and chasing people. You must also have some mixed emotions about it all. After all the years collecting everything, the sudden loss of a lot of systems linked to your past, but also a great feeling of clearing everything out. I know when I decided a lot of the magazines I had collected over the years would never be read again and I got rid of them it was a great weight lifted with all the space they took up cleared out.

You didn't even keep a C64? I'm surprised you didn't want to keep at least one of those.

I bet in the future you might have some doubts about selling everything, and will miss not owning some of the hardware. A lot of people seem to go through phases of selling everything and then years later deciding to collect a few bits again.

As you know I've been considering downsizing my collection too, but won't sell it all. I've been slowly selling all my A500s and A500 Plus as I never use them. I will however be keeping my gaming A1200 and my A600. but am considering selling my A4000 as it takes up a lot of room and I never use it. I've also considering selling my STs as again I hardly ever use them. Only really bought them during a nostalgia moment because of owning an STFM years ago and wanting to play around with them again. Other than that, I will probably keep all my consoles. Definitely wouldn't sell my SNES. Love that little console.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    You didn't even keep a C64? I'm surprised you didn't want to keep at least one of those.

I bet in the future you might have some doubts about selling everything, and will miss not owning some of the hardware. A lot of people seem to go through phases of selling everything and then years later deciding to collect a few bits again..
    I had my thoughts, but since years I didn't use any of the stuff, neither the C64. He also asked me if I wouldn't regret it, seeing the collection, and then at some point seeing everything go, but I said that I would be totally fine with it, and I also am.

My girlfriend also asked me if I wouldn't regret it, and that it must be rather sad to sell everything, but I told her that at the moment I'm really happier about it, than sad, and of course I know that all the stuff will be in good hands.

I doubt that I will once buy a C64 again, I just think that the time has come to look forward to other stuff. I had the same situation already years ago, when I sold everything, then bought some stuff again, but basically the only thing I was doing in the end, was moving the stuff around, from one place to another, so I thought it would eventually be the time to say good bye

I prefer just to collect ROMs, that's taking no place. And I'm quite fine with emulators, I know that it's not the real stuff, but still, if I want to play a game, I can use any emulator on any platform I want.

And by the way, the guy I sold everything to, is organizing once a month retro gaming evenings, so I can still go there and have my fun.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice, so you found someone else to store it all, they payed you lots of money for it, but you still get to use it and they maintain it so you will always see it in working order. Perfect.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Everything is gone now, looks really empty now. He picked up the whole stuff yesterday evening and paid me the rest. So in the end I got 800€ for everything, perhaps 200-300€ less than I would have gotten on eBay or Amibay, but at least I didn't have to send tons of packages, running to the post office every day, ask for the shipping costs and all that stuff. This was just easy-peasy for me.