Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you two think its worth getting Alien Breed 3D2, even just for collection value?
    Of course I would spend more than 5 or 8 GBP on it.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Depends on what you're collecting. All Amiga games, Amiga specific games, ground breaking Amiga games, Team 17 games etc. As it's the best looking Amiga specific 1st person shooter then yes. If you are collecting the Amiga games ever then no and you shouldn't have bought Alien Breed 3D either as it's average at best. TBh it's all a matter of personal choice. Try the Killer Gorilla version before just to see what you think and they either buy or not buy on the basis of that rather than other peoples opinions (including mine).
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Do you two think its worth getting Alien Breed 3D2, even just for collection value?
    Of course I would spend more than 5 or 8 GBP on it.
    If you consider the historical aspect of the game, then I think it would be worth buying. I clearly remember that it was an important game for its period, even if it got bad critics here and there. The game did for example boost the sales of accelerator cards and inspired people to upgrade their Amigas.

Personally I think it would be a cool item to have in an Amiga collection.

I don't agree with Buleste concerning Alien Breed 3D, as I think it's a very good game. It was also widely popular when it was released. Of course, like he said, it's all about personal choice.

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I got the first game for a nice enough price and it felt like a good part of my collection.
    But these days I am more in it for the special games such as the Cinemaware games, Psychosis, etc, not Team 17 specific.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are so many games released over the Amiga's life that were historic and key games. I think there are many that come before TKG in that regard. However it was still an important release at the very end of the Amiga's life and one that showed the Amiga was still level with other platforms in terms of development right until the end.

As for running the game. It ran OK on my A4000 but not brilliantly and there was no way it would run in full screen mode. Other FPS games like Breathless and Gloom ran much better.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!