Thread: The new iPlayer

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads

The new iPlayer

If you use iPlayer, you probably noticed that they have changed it recently.

The biggest difference that I have noticed is that everything is listed by the date and time it was broadcast, whereas in the old one, it just gave an alphabetical list of all the programmes.

The alphabetical list made it dead easy to find programmes by name, and also to discover new programmes. Finding new programmes which I hadn't yet heard of was one of the things I quite liked iPlayer for because I don't tend to read the TV guide anymore and don't really use the Freeview EPG.

But now it just seems to list everything by the time and date it was broadcast, which means many programme listing are duplicated and it is hard to find a programme if you don't know what time/date it was broadcast on. Instead you have to look through each day and filter through all the duplicates, which in my opinion defeats the purpose of an 'on demand' system.

Am I missing something, or is there really no way to display everything alphabetically?

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've not used iPlayer in some time so can't say, but it would be mad if you can't arrange the listings in alphabetically order.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    If anyone here uses iPlayer, perhaps they could have a look round and see if there is an alphabetical option which I am missing?