Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Thread: Random Rants

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @DC. How badly is it being affected there by the EU vaccine mess?

Both my parents and my wife's mum have all received their first vaccines and have dates in April to recieve their second. My wife has also had her first one about 3 weeks ago.

I'm still waiting for mine. 40-50 age group is April so hopefully it will be next month.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    They are really slow here, only in phase 2 out of 6 so far, I'm probably in 6, perhaps 5, cannot remember. My father got the AstraZeneca and has now to wait 70 days, until the 1st of June to get his second.

Is your wife older than you, or why did she already receive it?

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She's got quite bad asthma and really bad arthritis, so is classed as clinically extremely vaunerable. Therfore she was offered the vaccination ahead of others.

She's also can't got into work until April as she had a letter from the government telling her she had to stay home and self shield. So she's doing remote video teaching 1 to 1 with some of the children struggling the most. Plus she's doing planning, zoom meetings, filling out grant applications etc.. She's actually busier then if she were in she teaching.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Linked In

I'm a retired & private kind of guy on the Internet. Quite simply can't stand Social Media sites like Face Book, Tweet etc & made a terrible mistake recently with this shower of Sh!t....

Some years ago, five to be precise, I bought a beautiful Vertagear Chair. This is a $1000 chair to buy these days.
    The recline function packed up & is covered under warranty & I made a claim on December 3rd 2022. - Lots of Emails later & even a DPD Tracking number for the replacement parts back in March this year & I'm still waiting!

They have contacted me again a while back telling me they can't provide the parts (No sh!t Sherlock, it's a whole new chair because of how it's designed) & you said you would look into another solution for me. (Now nearly 3 months ago)
    Thank you so Much Vertager Europe!

In a desperate effort, I joined Linked In & attempted to get a conversation started with one of their Design Engineers in the USA, Leo DW Jung. Have been away a week or so having my lower Jaw set with Implants & new teeth so now whilst on the mend, tried chasing this up.

Linked In wanted to verify who I was.

1) Select the upright Dog from the nine Boxes! - Check
    2) Select the Country you are from! - Check
    3) Upload your Passport, Photo ID or your Driving Licence. We will delete this once you have! - Oh Fu*k off please & I hope you bollocks fester in the corners.

Really???

I had a similar event logged into Google on my Works account two weeks ago. I'm an O.J.T. in my Logistics Company (On Job Trainer) & whilst logged into our training Academy, clicked on a link that normally shows a Video in the Academy interface. No, this one was just showing a link for the video, but when clicking it, it automatically generated me a free Vimeo account!

Much arsing around with our internal I.T. sector & requesting Vimeo to delete my account immediately, Vimeo responded with you will need to enter your Password to delete the Account!

Well that's clever pal, cos I didn't enter jack to get your BS free account setup, whilst you helped yourself using my Business credentials in the first place. - Just how stupid do you think I am?
    On top of this, the head honcho from our I.T. said if I felt this was a breach of GDPR, then I should write to another Department within our Business. I won't be back into work until Monday 23rd October to find out if there is any development on this. I'm hoping the head honcho's head is on a stick @ Central Office tbh.
    What a proper Dick!

Rants over!
    Last edited by Kin Hell; 16th October 2023 at 15:52.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.