RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you digitally transformed?

Last month, some people started digging trenches in our local pavements. The excuse was that they are 'working on digitally transforming South Yorkshire'.

Looking into one of the trenches, there was fibre optic cable. Presumably we will soon be getting some sort of 'super fast broadband' as they like to describe it.

Anyone else here been digitally transformed yet?

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not yet, they now mentioned that they want to finish whole Luxembourg until 2020. I still don't have fiber, and I think that will also still take over 5 years to get, I'm pissed off

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still have no clue when the lines I'm using will get upgraded. There are fiberoptics in many areas of my town, but not right where I live. And I live pretty much in the middle of town as well, not in some remote place. But this is obviously not a prioritised place as far as the city is concerned. They rarely come here to fix the road and their fences and such, which has been needed for years. I'm half-surprised sanitation still takes away our trash...

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no idea if there are any plans to ever upgrade where I live. In a rural village I think it is pretty low down on their list, if even on it.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!