Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Skid Row "Cracks" are the some group from the Amiga times?

some days ago i download a game from the web and it has a crack from Skid Row, and it says "Twice the fun double the trouble" I knew i had seing that somewhere!!!

I search a bit and look's like they are the same group, i wonder if it's any member from the Amiga time.

Skid Row were an Amiga cracking group that were considered one of the best. Founded in 1990 they dominated their scene for a couple of years before dying a couple of years later. As over time the members slowly left for either the PC scene or other Amiga groups.

Unfortunately it was just before their downfall when the group tried to enter the PC by teaming up with The Dream Team. It didn't last long due to their inactivity and Skid Row were not heard from again on the PC for a couple of years.

We assume some former Amiga members restarted the group in 1993, without much success. And by the end of the year they had teamed up with the utility group High Voltage. It seems in early 1994 High Voltage absorbed Skid Row and from then on released both games as well as utilities.

On July 2nd, 2007 Skid Row returned to the PC scene proper for the first time in 13 years releasing their first ever PC ISO, Model Train (c) Abacus.

History brief
    1990 . Skidrow on the Amiga is founded
    1991 . Skidrow PC founded
    1991 . Skidrow team up with The Dream Team
    1991 . Skidrow on the PC dies
    1992 . Skidrow on the Amiga dies
    1993 . Skidrow reemerges on the PC
    1993 . Skidrow teams up with High Voltage to share releases
    1994 . Skidrow merges into High Voltage
    2007 . Skidrow returns to the PC releasing their first ISO
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure if any of the original members still exist. Would be interesting to know.

I did however know Skidrow were still going in the PC scene. Some of the other famous names from the Amiga scene are also still makinf releases, including Fairlight.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Last game i download, the crack from skid row said:
    "Twice the fun double the trouble"
    and they put some greetings to the old amiga groups, they put a small list of those groups, some of them i still remember...:-)
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One I just pulled from a release last year reads:

Code:
    ßÛ²ßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßÛÛßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßß ßßß  ß
        ßÛÝ Greetings:     ßÛÜ                                               ° Û
     Üþ  Þ² ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÛÛÜ                                             ± Û
    Û   ÜÛß Û                                                                ² Û
     ßßß  ° Û Salutes to our old Amiga friends from:                         Û Û
          ± Û                                                                Û Û
          Û Û FAIRLIGHT - RAZOR 1911 - VISION FACTORY - PARADOX - QUARTEX    Û Û
          Û Û DCS - CRYSTAL - ZENITH - ACCESSSION - ALPHA FLIGHT - PRODIGY   Û Û
          Û Û THE COMPANY - LEGEND - TRSI - ORACLE - ANTHROX - CLASSIC       Û Û
          Û Û                                                                Û Û
          Û Û Salutes to our new friends in:                                 Û Û
          Û Û                                                                Û Û
          Û Û UNLEASHED - TiNYiSO - BReWErS - RADIKAL - POSTMORTEM - 0x0007  Û Û
          Û Û RELOADED - ENiGMA  - FAIRLIGHT - ELECTRIC DRUGGIES - AVENGED   Û Û
          Û Û ADDONiA - TEDOX  - TNAL - DAWN - ReUnion                       Û Û
          ÛÜ°ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÛÜ
    I still see a lot of released from Razor 1911. Anyone know if Quartex and Crystal are both still going?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it was the same ascii text as that one.
    I remeber quite well Razor 1911 / Paradox / Quartex / TRSI
    A500 - A600 - A1200