Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

N64 CD64 Plus unit for sale

I've decided to sell my mint condition CD64 Plus unit.

Included in this sale is:

• CD64 Plus (256MB ram) boxed as new
    • DS1 Ram Card
    • N64 (if you need one)

If you don't know what this unit is, it is a third party CD based unit that sits under the Nintendo 64 and connects to the expansion slot on this console. It allows you to run homebrew, emulation and game roms from CD on the original N64. This is much more accurate and reliable than trying to run N64 roms via emulation.

This unit is in perfect condition, has only been used a couple of times and comes in its original box. I bought it some years ago, but then managed to obtain a Mr. Backup Zip drive unit which I've mostly used instead.

It is a CD64 Plus which means it is the final version of the unit with one of the later firmware versions and 256MB ram (to allow the larger N64 games to be run).

It works by placing an N64 console on top of the CD64. You then insert an original N64 cartridge into the special cartridge slot on the front of the CD64 (I normally use a copy of Mario 64). This cartridge is used by the system to force the N64 to accept the games being loaded as being original. When you switch on the unit you see a menu on screen where you can access the contents of a CD you insert into the drive. You can also perform other actions such as activating Action Replay cheats. It is easy to get games onto the unit. You just burn your selection of N64 game roms to a CD-R using your PC. When the CD is inserted into the CD64's drive It will then load the contents of the CD into a menu for you to select which game you wish to play. The unit then loads this game rom into its 256MB ram and then boots the N64 into the game.

Also included with this CD64 Plus is a DS1 Ram Card cartridge. This is now quite a rare device and I could sell this on its own as it is sort after by Doctor 64 owners too. However as it is also designed to work with the CD64 I would like to keep them together. Do take into account that this cartridge is worth at least £40 when making offers. This Ram card connects to the normal cartridge slot of the N64 and contains 256K of built in SRAM. It is designed for N64 games that require SRAM to save their games and you cannot save a game that requires this without this card. The largest save games are 32K, which would allow you to save 8 game saves to this cartridge at once.

I'm not going to set an asking price for this unit. I'm instead going to leave it open to offers. Please PM me with offers and I can include an N64 console with the CD64 if you need one.

I will also post some pictures of the unit if anyone wants to see it.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I couldn`t find the PM button to message you, so I`ll just post. I`m curious, do you still have the CD64 for sale? Is the DS1 Ram card still for sale? If they are, I`d like to make an offer , but not on forum posts.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it is still available. You can email me at dave@classicamiga.com

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll admit to being tempted, as I love the N64 to bits, but really it is for the history and memories mostly now. I couldn't really justify buying something like this - as neat as it is.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh! Go On! You know you want to!

How to hide the purchase from your misses is another matter though!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Oh! Go On! You know you want to!

How to hide the purchase from your misses is another matter though!
    Leave it round the mistresses house.

I remember a friend of mine having the floppy drive for the SNES. They really are great systems. Just wish i hadn't sold my N64 now (It went to Doncaster just before it flooded. Never got any feedback for some reason).
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well... here is your chance to get another N64, plus some great additional hardware for it!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Well... here is your chance to get another N64, plus some great additional hardware for it!
    Can i have a loan as well so i can afford it???
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Harrison.
    I am interested in everything.
    I wanted to know if this device I have reservations about some rom for n64
    or can I use it all?
    If you want we can also do some trading with the material im my possession.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This CD64 Plus unit sold quite quickly last year Dexther so is no longer available. It ended up being bought by a guy in the USA for $330, so a pretty nice price.

But in answer to your question, yes it could run most N64 rom images perfectly well on a real N64 by loading them from CD into its internal ram. Quite a nice unit. However I prefer the Z64 I still have as it uses Zip disks where are not read only, so you have tools built into the Z64 menus to change the roms to make them work (such as bit swapping them) and also able to save files to the discs.

I would be interested in selling the Mr. Backup Z64 unit as I don't use it much, but they are now very rare and so it is worth quite a lot of money. Therefore I would only consider realistic offers over £300 for it.