Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like to see a space sim on a next gen console, but the management part of the game has to be well designed, otherwise you'll lose orientation. I wish that you could also fly space ships in Mass Effect, that would be so great, as its setting is brilliant.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really need to play Mass Effect. I've had the PC version for over a week now, but not had time to install and play it yet. I keep read so much about it and hearing good things from people.

I've also heard that if you play as a female role, your character is voiced by Jennifer Hale, famous for her voice acting as Bastila in the original KOTOR.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Only thing is that the beginning is really slow, you'll need at least 2-3 hours of gameplay until you reach the Citadel and can explore the universe as you wish. The cutscenes can also deter some people, as they are a big part of the game, for me that isn't a problem, as the story is also great.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is OK. Their previous Knights of the Old Republic games were exactly the same and I really enjoyed both of those. In fact they are still a couple of my favourite games of all time.

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Man, a next-gen Colony Wars would ROCK. As would a next-gen Wing Commander. Don't just stick in massive space battles, though. The biggest reason I found Wing Commander so compelling was the atmosphere, the (branching) storyline and the characters. Even the baddies were cool.

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Sharigan,

Well as Chris Roberts once said, Wing Commander was a bit like WW2 in space, yes there were some big space battles but most of the time it was single ships or small fleets on picket duty.

The Confederation couldn't deploy massive fleets after another, they also had a lot of territory to defend, not just the Kilrathi/Nephilim, but also pirates and anyone who wanted a piece of it. (Retros/Church of Man, a certain rogue Steltek drone).
    They had to defend a war economy that was already costing billions.

The atmosphere was do well as it focused on the flight personnel/handful of command personnel of just one of many ships doing their part of the war.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They should develop a Freespace 3. Now that would be very nice.

Would a new Wing Commander game sell? I seem to remember the last couple didn't do so well.