C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Bin Laden killed

As perhaps everybody knows, Osama Bin Laden was shot this morning around 4:46h in Abbottabad by Navy Seals, in a 1 million dollar villa.

It's always caturday! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dunno if this time it's really true or not, but the photoshopped picture of him is hilariously bad

No laughing matter is the wikileaks document that states there's an atomic bomb hidden somewhere here in Europe to go boom in case of Osama's capture or death...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The American's seem to think this was some kind of victory. Personally I found the public displays of jubilation in the USA at his death as sickening as those involved in terrorism. Shooting him in the head was no better than the terrorists themselves.

The USA has no real grasp over what terrorism really is and the make up of those involved. They can only grasp fighting an enemy that has a similar make-up to themselves, with someone pulling the strings at the top, and everyone else following their command. Killing him won't change anything as he was just a figurehead with no real power... terrorism will go on and I don't think it will ever be completely wiped out because you will always get extremist groups with ideals and thoughts that conflict with anyone else's.

America wanted revenge for 9/11, which is understandable, and by killing him they think they have somehow achieved this. Yes, he was responsible for rallying terrorism from the middle east towards the west, but with quite good cause (read the history of Afghanistan when the USA tried to interfere when they were fighting Russia). That ultimately led to 9/11, but other than that, terrorism has been conducted by a large number of different groups with no main single leader... so this 'victory', other than as a revenge killing, is quite meaningless in the fight against terrorism globally.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I expect there will be terrorist attacks in the near future as a result of this.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Everyone seems to be saying that... they are also worried about the 10th anniversary of 9/11... who knows.
    Last edited by Harrison; 3rd May 2011 at 16:11.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Everything is possible. But what the....?

They killed him, ok. So what? 10 more Bin-Ladens will arise, that's for sure.
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]