Thread: Knight Rider

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Knight Rider

After seeing the pilot of the new Knight Rider quite some time ago, it is good to finally see the actual series finally come to UK TV. The pilot was shown last week on the Sci Fi channel, and the first of the new series begins tomorrow (Tuesday 19th May) at 8pm on the Sci Fi channel.

I enjoyed the pilot episode, but was a little disappointed with the characters. The acting was quite weak, with not much substance to the main characters. However I suppose you could say the same about the original series too.

It will be good to see a proper episode of the new series with the new KITT and son of Michael Knight at the wheel. Then we will see if it is worth watching.

Will you be watching it? Or have you already?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I definitely won't be watching it, as I already didn't like the original.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't like the original series?

It is one of my favourite series from the 80's. I thought everyone loved the high tech talking car. OK the Hoff was a bit of a bad actor and egotist, but he knows it as much as everyone else.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    At that time I started watching horror movies and other stuff, didn't like a talking car and the Hoff

For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I loved Knightrider along with Airwolf and the other 80's classics like the A-Team.

Loved Horror movies as well, but I didn't really limit myself to one or the other back in the day.

The new Knightrider is actually ok. You really have to watch it as just fun light entertainment as the science and plausability of the whole thing is low. The plots are very eighties in places, but I thought that was a good thing.

About 5 eps from the end it goes under a re-imaging, again bringing improvements.

I've seen the whole series and I think it may have been cancelled as per usual with American shows; no final decision as of yet if it's totally gone.
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hate the US for this. They create and fund a new sci-fi show that has real promise, and during the first season the characters and series are improved and evolved, and then the plug is pulled. There have been a lot of series that have gone this way.