Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I do actually agree with you about car tax. I did it online myself last time I had to renew it and it was very quick and simple. Which actually surprised me a lot considering it is the DVLA we are talking about here!
    I'd say the DVLA's online tax system is one of the few government computer systems that works as you'd hope. It's great that it'll automatically check MOT and insurance and is really as simple and easy as buying from Amazon or similar.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Coates View Post
    The staff they employ could also cause problems. On the front page of our newspaper on friday was

'Prison for Pilfering Posties'
    They were taking parcels from the Rotherham delivery office and selling the contents on ebay. Over 12 months they made £37924.
    And one of them was the supervisor who was told to keep an eye out for people stealing things. He got 3.5 years and the other one got 2.5 years.
    But you can't blame Royal Mail for that. That is just criminal activities and those have been going on in every large business forever.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I do actually agree with you about car tax. I did it online myself last time I had to renew it and it was very quick and simple. Which actually surprised me a lot considering it is the DVLA we are talking about here!
    I'd say the DVLA's online tax system is one of the few government computer systems that works as you'd hope. It's great that it'll automatically check MOT and insurance and is really as simple and easy as buying from Amazon or similar.
    Until you find that the data the DVLA has is insecure and you start getting charged for the London Congestion Charge when you live in the scottish highlands.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD