Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never had the shutter come apart inside the drive. But did have disks with missing springs or jammed shutters, and I used to just remove the whole shutter and use the disk that way until I could copy it.

Disk labels could be annoying and get stuck inside but I don't remember then causing too much problem. Never had to dismantle a drive to retrieve anything.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The main reason I had no issues was probably due to the fact I had so many disks!

I never re-used disks - copied a game onto one and into the diskbox, so I guess each one suffered less from wear and tear.
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Exactly the same for me. I would buy disks in 100's and they would be used once each for copying games and anything else.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Dangerous Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Being a bit of a poorper, I couldn't really afford to keep buying disks, so I 'recycled' disks quite a bit, hence a lot of 'wear and tear'

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I still use floppies for my Amigas almost every day, so actually I don't miss them.
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]