Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cortona View Post
    Yes, it was Wit Premium I was thinking of. Haven't seen that for at least 12 years! Thanks for posting the link. OS X thinks this is an MPEG, is that correct? When I try to open the file in my default MPEG player - QuickTime 7.4.5 - it doesn't work, with the helpful message "The movie could not be opened." Or is it an ADF?
    I just checked that for you and it seems that amigascne.org (the ftp the file download is from) have forgotten to include the file extension on that download. It is actually a DMS file (the Amiga Disk Masher format). Just add .dms to the end of the file name. The Windows emulator WinUAE handles DMS files just the same as a disk image (ADF). Not sure about Mac emulators but I would think UAE-X would be able to also open them in the same way, loading them into the emulator as a disk in DF0: Hope that helps.

Harrison, thanks for the links, I sometimes forget that there's the main classicamiga web site!
    You're welcome. Can't forget the main site!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it was Wit Premium I was thinking of. Haven't seen that for at least 12 years! Thanks for posting the link. OS X thinks this is an MPEG, is that correct? When I try to open the file in my default MPEG player - QuickTime 7.4.5 - it doesn't work, with the helpful message "The movie could not be opened." Or is it an ADF?

Harrison, thanks for the links, I sometimes forget that there's the main classicamiga web site!

And how could I forget: CAOS and Birdie Nam Nam on the Budbrain Megademo!
    You're welcome. As Harrison wrote, you can just add .DMS to the filename of the Wit Premium demo. Although, I've now replaced that download with a working one. So you can just click on it to start downloading.

The Budbrain Megademo is a true classic. If you head over to the main site, you'll find an updated version of the page. I've put up both disks for download, along with a video of the whole demo. Hope you'll enjoy the show.

If there's any specific demos you would like to see on the main site, please give us a sign.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by P G View Post
    If there's any specific demos you would like to see on the main site, please give us a sign.
    That is a good idea. I will post a new thread so people can post video requests for the demo section. Then we can add demos by priority.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys, I'll see if I can get Wit Premium a go in E-UAE.

The demo request thread is a good idea. I noticed there was a Budbrain movie on YouTube last night.

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    E-UAE doesn't natively support .DMS files. I'll have to see if I can find a DMS de-archiver (or just wait until my replacement internal floppy drive arrives for my 1200 and listen to it through my 1084 monitor...)

Anyway, I couldn't see Share and Enjoy's 1990 'Amazing Tunes II' music demo on Classic Amiga's demo section. That has got some corking tracks, from the Happy Mondays Step On rip-off 'Get Down Em' to Weapon's 1 and 2.

There are .lha files of the mods scattered around here.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Use XDMS for de-archiving the files.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    E-UAE doesn't natively support .DMS files. I'll have to see if I can find a DMS de-archiver (or just wait until my replacement internal floppy drive arrives for my 1200 and listen to it through my 1084 monitor...)

Anyway, I couldn't see Share and Enjoy's 1990 'Amazing Tunes II' music demo on Classic Amiga's demo section. That has got some corking tracks, from the Happy Mondays Step On rip-off 'Get Down Em' to Weapon's 1 and 2.

There are .lha files of the mods scattered around here.
    Your request is noted. Will upload Amazing Tunes II and some other stuff from Share and Enjoy soon.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Amazing Tunes II is now available for download at the main site. Here's the link. Enjoy!