Downloads
    Uploads

StarCraft II sells 1 Milion in 24H and 1,5 Million in 48H

StarCraft II sells 1 Milion in 24H and 1,5 Million in 48H

1 Milion in 24 Hours ??????

Back in the days of StartCraft II i spent a lot of days with this game,
    I still remember the "tides of darkness" episode
    with StarCraft I the same happend... a lot of hours

I'm afraid of getting this StarCraft II ...

It's veru impressive to get such a number in only 1 day. A few games sell above 1 milion but not in 24 hours.... i remember "myst" that for a long period was the "most sell game" then "Simms" and others... they got huge numbers but not in a so small period of time.

What will happend with Grand Turismo 5 ?

Back to StarCraft II, anyone get it? Is it to "heavy" for hardware?
    In reviews and previews on youtube we can see that it must be superb.

What is your opinion about this numbers ?
    A500 - A600 - A1200

It's always caturday! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not a surprise, it is the sequel to one of the BEST RTS games out there.
    And for that time, now, it is the best. Again.

I love it, got the digital version a week before the official release from Blizzard servers and waited patiently for THE day.

They fixed stuff we found annoying in the first game, they added MANY new upgrades/addons/features...

The biggest problem with this one - it's only the Terran campaing (there are a few "back to the past" missions from the other race, but you'll see ).
    The number of missions is still ~30, but it leaves you wanting more... more... MORE!!! Oh man, a whole year for the "expansion" with the next campaign and another one for the next one? ... why... ?

Poor Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    EXCELLENT game... I am a long time fan of the original and the new one has not disappointed. They have done a fantastic job of keeping the original flavor and ease of play and yet still retained the challenge. That is a very hard thing to do. Also, they have added a lot of new stuff without losing the original feel. You can jump right in and bee comfortable immediately. I love the game and yet am still pissed at having to pay $60 for it... This one is worth it, but it still chafes me. (And I guarantee there will be precious few games that I will pay $60 for in the future. I WILL WAIT.) But this one I had to have as soon as it was available..

Some folks complain that it is only the one faction in the first installment, but I actually like this aspect as you get more missions with the same faction. I think once all 3 releases are complete, I will feel like I got a more complete game... (Although I damn well better feel that way as the "More Complete" game is going to cost a lot more too!)

And I must say the cinematic cut scenes are absolutely incredible... No spoiler here, but the cut scene with Kerrigan and the Protoss guy is STUNNING..
    Damn I sound like a sales guy, but this game really is that good..

As for too hard on the machine specs, I think this game looks great and I think there are enough options for graphics and such that it will run acceptably on wimpier boxes, but still has the capability to look AWESOME if you have equipment to push the pixels... Once again, it isn't the graphical capabilities being pushed to the limits, it is more the fact that Blizzard are masters at artfully presenting a scenario. Not sure I am making myself clear with that, but what I mean is that the envelope isn't pushed so much as the artistic excellence is there.. The use of colors, darkness, lightness etc is perfect and makes each mission have a certain mood or flavor all it's own... The artists at Blizzard are top notch and so the whizz-bang latest and greatest GPU options aren't as important as the quality of the work being presented...

Anyway, blah blah blah...
    Damn good game. Buy it.. :O)
    "Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence." Line from RAMBO

Poor Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't mean to kill the whole thread! Sorry
    "Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence." Line from RAMBO

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know where you are coming from. $60 is a lot of money to spend, and this first part is said to be pretty short for experienced players, so it is over fast and a lot of waiting for the next instalment is needed. It is a common thread of today's games. They seem to spend so long developing and getting a game right that the actual gameplay is short.

So are the next parts costing as much once released? If so that is a bit of a rip off, costing a total of $180 for the three parts. I remember when games came with multiple parts together at the beginning and a lot more gameplay. Command and Conquer anyone?

BTW, I've not played SCII yet. But will once it drops in price.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

It's always caturday! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    $60 is a lot of money to spend
    Way too much in this case, considering it's a three-part game and probably EACH ONE is going to cost that much.
    I'm on a cracked version for now, maybe in the future when they'll release the whole pack in a bundle, I'd love to get the original.
    Plus, I'm not a multiplayer, prefer 99% of games in single-player mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    They seem to spend so long developing and getting a game right that the actual gameplay is short.
    Yes and no.
    When it comes to FPS games for example, the actual gameplay IS what they're developing, so there is no time "lost", what they do is in the game.
    When it comes to StarCraft it's somewhat true, sure, they didn't have to add all those IN-****ING-CREDIBLE cutscenes or CGI movies, and when the game ends it leaves you with a taste for more... and then you realize that's only the 1st campaign.
    Personally I've finished the game on EASY, took me around 15 hours, now I'm slowly enjoying it again on CASUAL, trying the different mission choices and the secret mission, just replaying the missions and getting my rusty skills back.
    I'm not done, this is StarCraft, I always loved that realm, finished/replayed the first game countless numbers of times, so I'll replay this one again and again. And now that there are different difficulty levels - I got a reason to replay it
    Plus it's a good benchmark if I'll get some new hardware, some hot graphics in there.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I suppose you can say that if utilising the multiplayer also it offers a lot more gameplay, just like the original, so from that point of view it would be better value. But I'm like you and mostly play single player so I also won't be purchasing an original copy until all 3 parts are out and the inevitable bundled complete game is released for less money.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!