Thread: Amiga.com

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Amiga.com

It isn't entirely clear to me from their website what Amiga actually do these days.

But, this image has been present there for quite some time now. Could someone tell me that I'm not the only one who finds it slightly odd?

amigacom.png

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I find it odd too, Steve. You're not alone. This picture has been there for ages now.. looks pretty dated by now.
    Classicamiga.com Moderator/Demoscene Admin
    Member of the Amiga demo group Void
    Admin of Old School Game Blog

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like they are trying to get a whole family interested in some now oldish technology.

But, they do look like they are putting those smiles on just for the camera.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It has been a mystery to many what they have ever been doing. The page and the whole site doesn't really explain or say anything about what the company makes or does.

All I can gather is they are still trying to do something to do with mobile OS and networking using the Amiga name, but not actually relating to anything to do with the original Commodore hardware or software. There was also the rumour early last year that they had gone bankrupt and the site did go down for a long time. But now it is back up it offers even less about what is happening.

About the only page of interest is here: http://www.amiga.com/news/2010-08-31...-amiga-aio.php

Talking about Commodore USA announcing acquisition of Amiga exclusive worldwide licensing rights. Whether that means they have bought these rights from Amiga Inc. I don't know. What I do know is that no one trusts Commodore USA any more than Amiga Inc, because their own website has always been carrying all-in-one keyboard PC concept systems ripped from other sites, so everything they show could be vapourware.

Wouldn't it be great to get hold of enough money to buy out all Amiga and Commodore rights from everyone who currently holds them.. bring it all back together... and actually do something with it relating to the real Amiga legacy.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wouldn't it be great to get hold of enough money to buy out all Amiga and Commodore rights from everyone who currently holds them.. bring it all back together... and actually do something with it relating to the real Amiga legacy.
    How much would it be the value of Commodore/Amiga rights?
    And how many Amiga users there are in the world? With real C= and using emulators? It is a number that i allways would like to know?
    How many we are? Should be consider an active user someone that is in a forum with regular activity? That would not b very difficult to know, just investigate a bit inside all major Amiga foruns... but i am sure that are a lot of people that have Amigas and they are not in any forum...

So, are we more then 5000 ?
    A500 - A600 - A1200