Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Sky+ this...
v85rawdeal 22:29 21st August 2008
Noticed some choice viewing for Friday evening.

Brits Who Made the Modern World
Five - 19:30 - 20:00
Computer Games
Peter Snow learns how two Cambridge undergraduates pioneered Britain's £1.4bn computer games industry. David Braben and Ian Bell took the first steps to imagining a 3D electronic world, despite the fact that Eighties computers had just a fraction of the memory capabilities of a modern mobile phone.

Should be a bit of an eye-opener and who knows, maybe a hint or two about Elite IV...
[Reply]
Puni/Void 09:14 22nd August 2008
That's a documentary that could be interesting to watch. Would love to see how it all started (Elite).
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 13:07 23rd August 2008
In the end, I was a bit disappointed about the program. Perhaps they tried to cram too much into half an hour, but it seemed to end so suddenly. I think at least an hour long programme would have been better suited to such a topic. It was a good programme but could and should have been so much better.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 14:07 23rd August 2008
Originally Posted by v85rawdeal:
In the end, I was a bit disappointed about the program. Perhaps they tried to cram too much into half an hour, but it seemed to end so suddenly. I think at least an hour long programme would have been better suited to such a topic. It was a good programme but could and should have been so much better.
I thought it was quite good as I didn't really know much about Elite. I will have to get a copy of it to play sometime. Especially now I have finally got my BBC connected to my CM8833-II and no longer have to use the RF modulator on the television.
[Reply]
Teho 14:07 23rd August 2008
I'd really like to see this regardless. Looked for it at a couple of popular places, but it seems nobody's made this particular episode available yet. Does the network that airs this have it archived and viewable on the net?
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 14:20 23rd August 2008
No, but I do have it available as a .ts file. VLC will play this format file, but I will have a go at converting it to avi or something

Tell a lie, its available here
[Reply]
Teho 16:19 23rd August 2008
Thanks, but unfortunately "For UK audiences only" is what I get. But I did see that this is episode three of the show, and I found both the earlier episodes when I looked around earlier. So I figure this one will be available soon as well then. Or maybe I could dig up a good UK-based proxy. I'll look into it when I have time later.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up