Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Are you a chav???
v85rawdeal 09:36 19th August 2007
Apparently, I am... because I fit into two of the following categories...

Originally Posted by :
A chav is anyone who meets 2 or more of the following criteria:

1)You frequently drink stella

2)You own one or more item of clothing with a burberry pattern

3)You live on, or know more than two people who live on a council estate

4)You listen to hip hop, r'n'b or drum'n'bass

5)You have ever shouted at/abused an OAP or property belonging to an OAP

6)(Boys only) You have a body kit/fluffy dice/a fake spoiler on your car

7)(Girls only) You have 2 kids by the age of 16

Basically, chavs are the lowest level of civilization, on par with bacteria and worse than what Americans would call "trailer trash".
For more information take a look here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chav. It should enlighten you

I fit in to 4 (old school stuff only though) and 3 (my daughter and her family).

Woe is me... woe, woe and thrice woe!!!
[Reply]
FOL 12:16 19th August 2007
OMG, deffo not a chav. I like the body kit and fake spoiler bit, cause thats my brother, with his stupid spoiler that looks like an ironing board, lol.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:54 19th August 2007
I'm definitely not a chav either! I don't fit into anything listed there. Probably the complete opposite, and middle classed.

It is amazing what some people thing looks cool on their cars. And why do so many hatchbacks have spoilers? Do they actually think it makes a difference? Or shockingly looks cool? I'm not talking the rear Spoilers that are designed to extend from the top edge like the Focus RS as that looks good. I'm taking the stupid token piece of plastic or metal pole that the manufacturers screw to the bottom edge of the rear window as seen on most Vauxhall hatchbacks and many Fords. No Hatchback unless touring car tuned would ever need or benefit from the minimal downforce it might give. And haven't any of them noticed how they either make the car look like a shopping trolley (Fiesta) or a pram (Astra).
[Reply]
FOL 17:11 19th August 2007
I agree 100%.

I had an astra (not modded in anyway and no spoiler bottom of window), it did have the top small spoiler, which looked ok. I personally, HATE with a passion, big bore exhausts. I mean "HELLO", it sounds crap, .
[Reply]
Harrison 17:20 19th August 2007
Umm... well I do have a full quite large stainless steel exhaust system on my car, but I got that because I needed a new exhaust and the difference between that and a standard mild steel one was £30 at the time. And it will never need replacing.

It can get quite loud after being warmed up travelling at 130MPH for a bit though.

A performance exhaust is stupid on a small engined car with no guts though. How often do you see stupid sized exhausts on a 1.2 Corsa? Looks very silly. At least on a decent car it will actually aid performance.
[Reply]
FOL 17:23 19th August 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Umm... well I do have a full quite large stainless steel exhaust system on my car, but I got that because I needed a new exhaust and the difference between that and a standard mild steel one was £30 at the time. And it will never need replacing.

It can get quite loud after being warmed up travelling at 130MPH for a bit though.

A performance exhaust is stupid on a small engined car with no guts though. How often do you see stupid sized exhausts on a 1.2 Corsa? Looks very silly. At least on a decent car it will actually aid performance.
LMFAO, you chav, .

Nah, only joking,
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 17:49 19th August 2007
Phew that was close.
I had to say yes to the 1st question.
Luckily that was all.
[Reply]
toomanymikes 18:27 19th August 2007
I used to drink Stella and I used to live on a council estate (although the majority was in private ownership). I probably shouted at an OAP when I was a kid too. I also listen to R&B, alongside just about any other genre of music. Does this mean I'm a chav, chav wannabe or just an ex-chav?
In Scotland we call them Neds - Non educated deliquents - but in Aberdeen their known as Bams, i.e: yer jist a Bam min! For more info see:
http://www.firstfoot.com/php/glossar...x.php?letter=n
I personally like Bawbag, Scaffie and Cheb.
[Reply]
Harrison 18:44 19th August 2007
I love Scottish slang. A guy I work with has a very strong Scottish accent and when he comes to work after having had one too many whiskeys you can't understand a bloody word he's saying as it's completely slang based. We stand there puzzled all trying to work out what he just said.
[Reply]
toomanymikes 19:16 19th August 2007
One of my favourite Scottish-ims is a Teuchter (country folk) word - Aye. Not Aye as in 'yes', but just aye as in the sound 'high'. Used in those spaces between conversation or as a note of general agreement, this version of aye is said when inhaling air to give the characteristic 'h' sound at the beginning of the word. Normally either long in length - (hhhhh)aye -, or quickly repeated - (h)aye, (h)aye, (h)aye - the sound is the marmite of the Scottsih vernacular; you either love it or hate it.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up