Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Are you a chav???
J T 09:27 20th August 2007
You see, I hate this how 'chav culture' and 'chav chic' thing - I really done't see how being antisocial and poorly educated could ever be something to be proud of, let alone something for others to aspire to.

But, I do take issue with some people saying 'poor/council estate people are all chavs' because they aren't. Just becuase they live on an estate doesn't mean they can't take pride in their home, work, and be responsible - just as you can get wealthy 'chavs'. I accept that many, possibly the majority are a bit scuzzy but there are decent people there too.

Also the spoilers/exhaust thing: there are quite a few 'halfords specials' around, and I hate them. Although every now and then there is a subtly modified one that actually looks better than standard - it's quite rare though.

Can't say I've noticed too many manufacturer fitted spoilers below the back window though (Audi TT springs to my mind first) - the vougue seems to be a small one above the rear window (my old fiesta and the focus had these - as standard - and I thought it improved the shape a lot compared to the lower spec models). I quite like them, but not silly whale-tails or evo-hoops on 1.2 hatchbacks.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:17 20th August 2007
The ultimate Chav cars:

And people think those look good? The body kits probably cost more than the cars are worth. And they reduce performance due to making the car heavier. At least they hide the rust!

[Reply]
J T 13:40 20th August 2007
It's amazing how many ruded-up novas and saxos and such-like try to race the ST. It's actually rather embarassing (for them).

I actually hate Novas, but every now and then see one that has been done up really subtly, nice and tasteful. Obviously cared for and not just been smeared in glue and had some plastic shit slung all over it.

The ones in the picture you posted are quite bad, but I've seen a LOT worse, a cursory search on BarryBoys throws up an example straight away.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:08 20th August 2007
What always amuses me is that for the money they spent on these old cars they could have purchased a much better car.

I love how the owner of that Nova stuck a huge exhaust on te car, yet left the 1.2 badge on the back.

And what is it with the clear replacement rear light clusters? I see those all the time on older cars and they just look shit! They never compliment the styling of the car they are on and it's harder to see the lights, especially when they brake, which I think should be illegal.
[Reply]
AlexJ 20:36 20th August 2007
Most chavved up cars on the road are illegal because most of the drivers don't tell the insurance company they've modded the car thus invalidating the insurance (actually come to think of it, most probably don't bother with insurance in the first place).

Always good fun to be in a pretty ordinary car and leave a chavmobile for dead at the lights with it belching out smoke. Would love to see the face on the drivers girlfriend as his 'supercar' is owned by a standard unmodified Punto.
[Reply]
Harrison 23:22 20th August 2007
It's much more fun to have an understated, normal looking car that doesn't look any different to a standard model, until you put your foot down.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 05:27 21st August 2007
I could fit into category 1, but as Stella is a disgusting beer, at least one of the worst from Belgium, and you can't buy it here, I can't say I'm a chav.
[Reply]
woody.cool 12:31 10th August 2008
Originally Posted by :
A chav is anyone who meets 2 or more of the following criteria:

1)You frequently drink stella

2)You own one or more item of clothing with a burberry pattern

3)You live on, or know more than two people who live on a council estate

4)You listen to hip hop, r'n'b or drum'n'bass

5)You have ever shouted at/abused an OAP or property belonging to an OAP

6)(Boys only) You have a body kit/fluffy dice/a fake spoiler on your car

7)(Girls only) You have 2 kids by the age of 16
I fit into 1 and 4 (D 'n' B only though - I can't stand Hip Hop or R 'n' B)
[Reply]
Zetr0 15:09 10th August 2008
phew..... safe!!!!!!
[Reply]
my_lo 08:13 12th August 2008
nope not a chav here either ^_^.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up