Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Hacked PS3 firmware coming? M33 interested?
FOL 21:22 20th August 2007
While this is a thread about 3.52 M33-3 , I would say DONT UPDATE to their latest, as it could be a bricker they released as revenge on a certain site.
This is regards to PSP, incase your wondering.
[Reply]
Harrison 01:22 21st August 2007
Thanks for the heads up. Is the latest version 3.52 M33-4?

Do you know which site M33 were attacking? I tend to download most of my firmware updates from dl.qj.net
[Reply]
AlexJ 01:28 21st August 2007
From what I've read, if it finds www.ps3news.com in your PSP's internet cache it may brick the PSP when updating. Seems pretty lame to f*ck with people's stuff just because you've got beef with some website. Just blocking the PSP from accessing that site or refusing to start the upgrade process would surely have been sufficient.

Edit: Also apparently, any modifications to the updater will cause the PSP to brick on update. The code that was previously used to prevent a corrupted updater from proceeding (and bricking the PSP) is now used to deliberately brick the console.
[Reply]
Harrison 02:01 21st August 2007
That is pretty bad. This isn't going to make M33 any new friends in the PSP community.

So maybe we should stick to M33 3.51-7 for the moment just to be safe.
[Reply]
Submeg 10:47 21st August 2007
Wow, are the people that run it twelve? That is quite lame if you ask me
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 10:58 21st August 2007
I also think that this is very lame and childish.
Originally Posted by AlexJ:
Just blocking the PSP from accessing that site or refusing to start the upgrade process would surely have been sufficient.
Exactly!
[Reply]
Harrison 13:54 21st August 2007
And if you think about it, those actions are completely against the whole idea of the homebrew custom firmware community. The point was to unlock the PSP so it could be used opening for anything anyone likes.
[Reply]
AlexJ 14:19 21st August 2007
Originally Posted by Submeg:
Wow, are the people that run it twelve? That is quite lame if you ask me
Probably yeah they are. Very intelligent and clever, but the childishness shows through. It's all just a game to them, and they probably have no idea how many hours work it takes to afford a PSP. I personally find it highly ironic they're doing it to stop people copying and modifying their stuff 'because it's theft'. Surely their firmware is actually 90% Sony stuff, and 5% DarkAlex stuff. Not cool guys, not cool.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:43 21st August 2007
According to the recent M33 interview, they are made up of 5 members ranging in age from 20 to 50, with two of them still at college. So that could explain it.
[Reply]
FOL 17:50 21st August 2007
Well, i might go back to 3.40 OE.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up