Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: What kind of car / vehicle do you drive?
Submeg 11:00 21st August 2007
My dream car:

I love this car. Why? Just because it looks so - in the words of BJ - AWESOME!

My current car:

Hyundai Excel sad isnt it?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 11:37 21st August 2007
That is indeed sad a friend of mine bought an Excel 10 years ago, and I found it extremely ugly.

Btw, last Saturday I drove in a Jaguar XKR Coupe, a friend of mine bought one 1 month ago. He has several cars, as his grandfather built up butchery when he was young, and owns several butcheries plus restaurants.

His father continued the business, and now since 3-4 years, he and his older brother own the whole. They are from my hometown, and I remember when we were young (he has the same age as me, 1 year less), his father already drove Ferrari cars, adn they had a house with an internal swimming pool, bar and everything. Imagine that in a town with 4.000 inhabitants. It was quite noticeable.

He also owns an Audi A8, an Audi A6, a Maserati GT (with which he had problems, went to the garage 3 times during 2 weeks, now he's going to sell it), and a jeep (don't know which model though). He's got the Jaguar in black, just like on the photo. I really love it, I always thought Jaguar only builds cars for older people, you know, limousines or such, but this one really got me, and with 415hpw, it's also fast.

[Reply]
Submeg 11:39 21st August 2007
Mmmm....that is a nice looking car. Damn that guy must be LOADED can I have some of his cash??
[Reply]
Harrison 14:06 21st August 2007
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
I always thought Jaguar only builds cars for older people, you know, limousines or such
Really? Jaguar have been making great sports cars for a long time. Look back at the E-Type for proof of that. And the XK8 and faster XKR have been around for a long time, replacing the much loved V12 XJS before it.

A neighbour across the road from my parents has owned many Jaguars over the years. He used to have an XJS years ago, and then went through a couple of XJRs. But now he has a very nice brand new BMW Coupe. It's black and has been debadged but I'm sure it's either a 650i ot maybe even the new M6. Very nice looking car. I will have to look more closely next time I see it to spot if it has 2 or 4 exhausts.

Originally Posted by :
I love this car. Why? Just because it looks so - in the words of BJ - AWESOME!
You really like the Dodge Viper? That is one car I've never liked. They also don't handle very well due to bad weight distribution.
[Reply]
AlexJ 14:27 21st August 2007
A Hyundai Excel is apparently what's called in the UK a Hyundai Accent. I remember Jeremy Clarkson testing one of these on one of his videos when it first came out in the UK and then trying to destroy it.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:40 21st August 2007
I remember that. Still see a lot of old Accent's driving about. At least Hyundai's are reliable and keep working, so even if the car isn't that great it will at least still get you where you want to go.
[Reply]
J T 20:11 21st August 2007
I love Vipers too, they look so mean and powerful. But I too hear that they are pigs to drive compared to a more refined (typically European) sports car.
[Reply]
Submeg 22:42 21st August 2007
Yea but thats half the fun. You have to drive like a maniac to get it go where you want
[Reply]
FOL 22:56 21st August 2007
Request title change, .

To "What kind of car / vehicle you have no chance of owning?" .
[Reply]
Harrison 23:07 21st August 2007
You never know! Look at the Post lady last week who won 37 Million on the lottery! I bet the week before she never thought she would either! Imagine being her son. Very nice life he will have now!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up