Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: IndyCar Flips
Harrison 16:00 13th August 2007
I don't know if any of you saw the amazing crashes that happened this weekend and last in the US IRL IndyCar championship?

Here is the first crash at Michigan Speedway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3NO_zYCvb4

And here is this week's at Kentucky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK1VzL_n3ms

It is amazing how those cars just lift into the air. You can see how the aerodynamics work in the opposite way to intended once the cars start to flip and they just lift straight off the ground. Amazing.

And watch this next one for some more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3coty3x2-U
[Reply]
Submeg 21:56 13th August 2007
Damn they are some nasty accidents....
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 22:05 13th August 2007
I saw the one from some days ago, and that looked very hard. But the pilot already gave an interview immediately after the crash.
[Reply]
Submeg 23:04 13th August 2007
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
I saw the one from some days ago, and that looked very hard. But the pilot already gave an interview immediately after the crash.
Lol, nice
[Reply]
AlexJ 18:22 14th August 2007
Dario's not been having much luck recently since winning the 500 earlier in the season.
[Reply]
AlexJ 16:22 19th August 2007
Did anyone see the 250cc Motorbikes earlier? This crash happened in the morning warmup and I'm amazed the guy survived with just a broken pelvis and two fractured ribs.
[Reply]
FOL 16:25 19th August 2007
1 word "OUCH"
[Reply]
Harrison 17:21 19th August 2007
Ouch indeed! I started watching that thinking, that doesn't look such a bad accident, you see that every race, but then BANG! the second bike hits the first! He was really lucky not to be killed in that crash.
[Reply]
toomanymikes 17:35 19th August 2007
Man... I love bikes but stuff like that constantly plays on your mind when your riding - wet leaves, wet road markings, mud, loose stones / roadsurface, cars on the wrong side of the road or just not looking, animals wandering out of fields - it all has pretty disasterous consequences. I suppose thats why we dress up like were off to war in the middle ages tho!
[Reply]
FOL 20:50 19th August 2007
Originally Posted by toomanymikes:
Man... I love bikes but stuff like that constantly plays on your mind when your riding - wet leaves, wet road markings, mud, loose stones / roadsurface, cars on the wrong side of the road or just not looking, animals wandering out of fields - it all has pretty disasterous consequences. I suppose thats why we dress up like were off to war in the middle ages tho!
2 years ago, my brother phoned me christmas morning, to say the usual and that he was going to the inlaws for dinner. Anyways, he was riding his new bike to their house (they live in the gower). The plonker went to fast round a corner, hit black ice and bang straight into a lmp post. Nice christmas present that was, he was in hospital for christmas day with a broken leg.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up