Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: IndyCar Flips
Harrison 09:42 25th September 2007
A1 is a great series that needs to get more coverage. I went to see the very first race at Brands Hatch and it was a great event with some very close racing, and making each team a country with an identical car was a great idea. But you don't see it mentioned anywhere other than Sky Sports which is a shame.

I love watching Touring Cars but miss most of the races on TV as it's never on at a good time of day and I'm usually out.
[Reply]
AlexJ 18:33 25th September 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
A1 is a great series that needs to get more coverage. I went to see the very first race at Brands Hatch and it was a great event with some very close racing, and making each team a country with an identical car was a great idea. But you don't see it mentioned anywhere other than Sky Sports which is a shame.
I think C5 have got rights to show highlights this season but they show most sport in the early hours. GP2 follows a similar concept of having identical machines and that doesn't get enough coverage either (Think it's now on Setanta or Eurosport).
[Reply]
Harrison 23:36 25th September 2007
I thought GP2 was shown in ITV the week after the actual races, normally the week following the F1 races.
[Reply]
AlexJ 13:48 26th September 2007
I thought GP2 was shown in ITV the week after the actual races, normally the week following the F1 races.
It is, but the highlights are probably the worst produced programme on TV. It often macroblocks when they cut scenes, there's no fade used on the audio so it cuts the commentator mid-sentence and the edit jumps around all over the place back and forth through laps. Oh, and they usually give the result out in the F1 the week before. Surely ITV could show it live on one of their 4 channels.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 13:52 26th September 2007
Originally Posted by AlexJ:
It is, but the highlights are probably the worst produced programme on TV. It often macroblocks when they cut scenes, there's no fade used on the audio so it cuts the commentator mid-sentence and the edit jumps around all over the place back and forth through laps. Oh, and they usually give the result out in the F1 the week before. Surely ITV could show it live on one of their 4 channels.

What??? And risk not repeating one of their Emmerdale or Corrination Street omnibus shows, or their multiple repeats of The Bill (with its snazzy new 'colon'ised titles. e.g. "The Bill: We're a bunch of coppers, ya know..."
[Reply]
Harrison 14:21 26th September 2007
Sky or the BBC should try to get the rights to F1 and other motor sports back from ITV, then we won't need to miss chunks of the races watching adverts! I don't think ITV have done a particularly good job of broadcasting F1 since they took over from the BBC. Martin Brundle is about the only good thing about it. And I can't stand James Allen or Louise Goodman. His voice and her hundreds of silver bangles really annoy me.

[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up