Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Favorite PC intros
Harrison 01:31 20th August 2007
Tony Todd (RIP)? He's not dead.

I'm sure I have Armed and Dangerous somewhere too. Who knows.
[Reply]
Ghost 02:09 20th August 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Tony Todd (RIP)? He's not dead.

I'm sure I have Armed and Dangerous somewhere too. Who knows.
You are correct, forgive my ignorance and confusion.

I meant Tony Jay, its the same first name that confused me.
[Reply]
Harrison 02:51 20th August 2007
Who is Tony Jay?

Edit: Ah, just looked the name up in Google and Wiki page has among his credits: "Super-mutant Lieutenant in Fallout (1997 computer game)". Now I know where you got the name from!
[Reply]
Ghost 02:06 22nd August 2007
Ahum, Harrison, Tony Jay also voiced a lot of cartoons.
[Reply]
Tiago 12:41 24th August 2007
Best Intro ever for PC

- MegaRAce -

It is a game from 1994 from Cryo Interective
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megarace

The game has a 5 minutes intro, it's fantastic !! Pure 3D grafics, in that time i think it was made with 3DStudio 3.0
You must see this intro. For that time (1994) it is FANTASTIC
[Reply]
Harrison 14:13 24th August 2007
I remember that intro. It appeared on a lot of cover CDs at the time and there was a lot of enthusiasm about the game. Sadly the gameplay in MegaRace never really lived up to the intro, feeling just like the early driving arcade games where you moved a cut-out vehicle from side to side, avoiding the traffic, while the pre rendered background (track) continued to move.
[Reply]
Tiago 14:16 24th August 2007
Yes the game was poor, but the grafics were impressive, the intro was fantastic, even today is superb
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 13:15 27th August 2007
I played MegaRace 3 on my PC and imo it wasn't bad at all.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:26 27th August 2007
Megarace 3 is quite a recent game, with full 3D graphics. We were talking about the original game that came out in 1994 and used pre-rendered graphics that ran much like Microcosm, so all you controlled was a car sprite overlaid on top of them. It wasn't good or fun to play.
[Reply]
Ghost 00:10 24th September 2007
I recently found the intro to Unreal: Return to Na Pali on Youtube.

Its not as graphically impressive anymore as it was when it was released but I still like the music and atmosphere a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1NPkFHsiJ0

It would be awesome if someone remade Unreal and Unreal: Return to Na Pali with the newest Unreal Tournament engine, but using the music and voices from the original.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up