Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: What sports do you practise, or have you practised?
Demon Cleaner 17:50 17th August 2007
Ha, I made almost the same foto from the balcony of the Palacio hotel, as we were situated in the middle on the front side of the hotel. I'll have a look, and when I have the photos, I'll scan them and post them here. That was in 1993/4, so no digital photos.

I have a friend who is also from Cascais.
[Reply]
AlexJ 17:56 17th August 2007
Originally Posted by Tiago:
Yes it is. And i have the Estoril autodrome here we had the Formula 1 back in the days. And it is only 10 minutes away !!!
Cool, the MotoGP still visits Estoril doesn't it. That's one of the bad things about where I live, the major racetracks are all ~4 hours drive away.
[Reply]
Harrison 18:03 17th August 2007
I remember Estoril well from F1.

For me it isn't too bad with Brands Hatch being about an hour away and Silverstone about 1.5 to 2 hours. But when I've visited Silverstone for F1 in the past I've still stayed close to the track as travelling any distance after spending hours at the race track isn't nice.
[Reply]
Blue Jedi 18:26 17th August 2007
Gymnast
I was a pro Gymnast throught my teens and was a won and i was sponsored by coca cola and won lots of medals.

Swimmer
I am also a pro swimmer I started taking swimming lessons through out my teens I never won anything and I no longer have lessons but I still swim.

Cubs
I was a cub and went on camps and did canouing and absailing Aso I went back to my tent and a person in a bungle from rainbow or bear suit was stealling sweets and chocoalate from everyones bags i niped it and hit it and it ran out of the tent and was stoop behind the tent it wasnt sure which way to go and it made a run for it and i chased it and it ran away with the sweets and chocolate in to the woods. I thought this was just a person in a bungle or bear suit because it was a cub camp but apparently there was no such thing so it must of been a real grizzly bear. On camp me and a friend went out of bounds in to the forest and saw deers and mountians and water falls and fallen pine trees and we heard some thing walking slowly over broken braches we stoped and looked and we were sure we saw a sasquach.

Scouts
And I was also a scout I did lots of mountain climbing and hikeing just me my friend and scout leader in lots of snowy conditions and it was very dangerous and we had no safety ropes. In the snowy conditions we had to cross over a gully balancing on a fallen icey pine tree trunk that had fallen across the gully within the gully was frozen ice covering water.

Skate Boarding
I also used to do skate boarding and still like skate boarding.
[Reply]
AlexJ 00:24 18th August 2007
Originally Posted by Blue Jedi:
Cubs
I was a cub and went on camps and did canouing and absailing Aso I went back to my tent and a person in a bungle from rainbow or bear suit was stealling sweets and chocoalate from everyones bags i niped it and hit it and it ran out of the tent and was stoop behind the tent it wasnt sure which way to go and it made a run for it and i chased it and it ran away with the sweets and chocolate in to the woods. I thought this was just a person in a bungle or bear suit because it was a cub camp but apparently there was no such thing so it must of been a real grizzly bear.
You can usually tell the difference between a Bungle costume and a real grizzly bear by it's height. One's about 5'8" and the other about 9'.
[Reply]
Submeg 00:47 18th August 2007
Not to mention the spit and the roaring and such
[Reply]
AlexJ 01:17 18th August 2007
Or just look by looking at it, come to think of it:

[Reply]
Harrison 02:56 18th August 2007
Well I would be convinced. I mean, you can hardly tell the one on the right is a costume now can you! It looks so realistic and hard to tell the difference.

So Blue Jedi, where did you do all this camping when you were in the Cubs? Sounds like quite a dangerous place your Cub Scout Leader took you all to.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 17:03 18th August 2007
Currently still playing footy, only 5 aside at the moment.

Have done Jujitsu when I was younger.

Played badminton quite a bit up until a couple of years ago.

Played rugby and basketball a little in school.

As one offs -
Have climbed a quarry and abseiled backdown again.
Went skiing for a week.
Ice skated
Been ten pin bowling.
Played tennis.
[Reply]
Blue Jedi 17:32 18th August 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Well I would be convinced. I mean, you can hardly tell the one on the right is a costume now can you! It looks so realistic and hard to tell the difference.

So Blue Jedi, where did you do all this camping when you were in the Cubs? Sounds like quite a dangerous place your Cub Scout Leader took you all to.
If it was a bear costume it looked more relaistic than bungle and maybe it was a bear who knows. It could of been bungle because if it was a grizzley bear then why dident it show its claws and teeth and fight instead making a run for it with sweets and chocolate that the type of thing bungle would do.

Cubs was just camping.

It is Scouts is were you can go on risky climbing and hiking trips. I did most of my climbing and hiking in Wales and Yorkshire you dont normally go to such risky places in scouts but my scout leader was good at knowing all the risky places.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up