Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Pet Hates at Work
FOL 17:53 20th August 2007
Originally Posted by StuKeith:
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Oh dear, Stu. I hope it all ends OK after today. As you say, there is nothing you could have done regarding the floods, and no one can foresee car trouble or do much when it happens.

And if two line managers witnessed you actually setting up the backup then you have proof you did it.
Update! Been Fired! in a right state! I loved this job. Never been fired before!
Damn, sorry to hear, I have never been fired to. Even though I dont need to, I do try to do everything to cover myself. Which is sad in this day and age.

Lets hope you find another job that you love. Im not sure what I would do if I lost my current job, as there is no call for Electronics Engineers (repairs).
[Reply]
toomanymikes 19:18 20th August 2007
That sucks man. Surely they must see reason? Obviously not - your better off out of it by the sounds of things.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 19:44 20th August 2007
Bloody hell, that's very harsh.
Is there no one you can appeal to?
[Reply]
Teho 20:56 20th August 2007
Holy.. That's just not right at all, by the sound of it! There has to be something you can do about that, right?
[Reply]
Harrison 23:56 20th August 2007
So sorry to hear that mate. Had they given you any written warnings before this? Or was this out of the blue? By law you can appeal against this if you feel you have wrongly been sacked. I know how pleased you were when you got this job too.

Hope you manage to find something else quickly. I know what it's like to suddenly be without work. I was made redundant suddenly from a design job years ago that I loved because the company went bankrupt. You just have to force yourself to start looking for another job the next day. Leave it too long and it becomes harder.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 07:26 21st August 2007
Sorry to hear you got sacked. If you think they shouldn;t have sacked you, then you must do something about it. I would go mad at them if they unfairly sacked me.

Originally Posted by :
Lets hope you find another job that you love. Im not sure what I would do if I lost my current job, as there is no call for Electronics Engineers (repairs).
No one wants Electronics engineers?
[Reply]
StuKeith 12:18 21st August 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
So sorry to hear that mate. Had they given you any written warnings before this? Or was this out of the blue? By law you can appeal against this if you feel you have wrongly been sacked. I know how pleased you were when you got this job too.

Hope you manage to find something else quickly. I know what it's like to suddenly be without work. I was made redundant suddenly from a design job years ago that I loved because the company went bankrupt. You just have to force yourself to start looking for another job the next day. Leave it too long and it becomes harder.
Nope it was out of the blue. My review in June was great, was on course for promotion and a company car. last 2 months things have gone on, ended up being signed off due to stress as my boss was becoming a bully. Had no warnings at all in the past at this job.
[Reply]
toomanymikes 12:29 21st August 2007
I'm no expert but should you not have the right to appeal, especially if there was no written warnings given in the past? If your gonna claim for unfair dismissal under eployment law you have to have been there for a year.
http://www.compactlaw.co.uk/tiscali/empq14.html
[Reply]
Harrison 14:30 21st August 2007
I think that could be where the problem is. I don't think he has been there a year yet. But if you were officially signed off with stress then I'm sure there is legal grounds regarding being dismissed if it relates directly to the stress. You should go and speak to your local citizen advice bureau as they will be able to advise you and tell you if you do have a case against unfair dismissal. Write everything down that happened with rough dates and take that with you, along with any supporting evidence such as sick notes/doctors letters so they can see exactly what happened.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up