Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Classicamiga Darwin Awards
toomanymikes 19:46 21st August 2007
From the sound of it a tetanus shot and a day in bed!
[Reply]
FOL 19:51 21st August 2007
Originally Posted by toomanymikes:
From the sound of it a tetanus shot and a day in bed!
Bah, tetnus, whats that, lol.

EDIT:- Another forgotten injury, . Your making me remember.

I was a scout, delivering stuff to houses. Got to 1 house, put my hand through letter box. Felt a burning feeling, so i pulled and nothing my hand was stuck. By this time i was crapping myself. So i thought, screw this and pulled really hard, really fast, looked at my right hand and seen a big chunk of flesh removed. Next came the blood, at which point I fainted. Woke up in hospital, wondering where i was. Next came the tetnus, kid in next bed was going nuts cause he didnt want a tetnus, then his mother said look at that good boy, hes having his. With that I screamed as they jabbed me, lol.

Turned out a dog at the house was trained to grab mail, grabbed my hand instead.
[Reply]
Harrison 22:31 21st August 2007
That reminded me of a dog related accident I had when I was young. I was about 6 years old and had just finished my breakfast and was waiting to be given a lift to school. I was playing with the dog in his bed, but he started to growl and mum said to stop playing with him because he was in a bad mood (Jack Russell BTW). I ignored her and he snapped at me, nearly taking two of my fingers off.

I was lucky and it was only a flesh wound, but I still had to walk around for 8 weeks with this huge bandage around 3 fingers, covered in a huge plastic protective thing that thinking back on it much have looked like I had a big condom on my hand! At least it was my writing hand so I didn't have to do much at school.
[Reply]
FOL 22:53 21st August 2007
Just reminded me of another.

My mothers dog, he was a strange dog. If you were messing about (i.e. play fighting), it would go for the vitim, not the attacker. So my brother was messing and the dog went for me and ripped my right index finger open from bottom to tip straight down the middle. Like harrison i had fun trying to fix electronics for 3 weeks with a massive bandage on my hand, lol.
[Reply]
Sharingan 10:34 26th August 2007
toomanymikes, you're one scary dude. Remind me to never pay you a visit - you might cause an asteroid to drop on top of our heads.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up