Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Useless Amiga-related factoid No.1
v85rawdeal 19:18 19th July 2007
Originally Posted by :
The fattest sumo wrestler ever, Konishiki (alias The Dump Truck), weighed 556lb. That's about 39 stone (or 74 Amigas.)
Does anybody else know any useless Amiga-related factoids???
[Reply]
Sharingan 18:56 20th July 2007
Did you know the Amiga CD32 was actually advertised in the United States?

If that isn't going to convince you to buy one, I don't know what is
[Reply]
Submeg 22:17 20th July 2007
Wow that is one crazy ad!
[Reply]
Harrison 00:25 21st July 2007
And I thought the UK CD32 advertising was bad! Have you all seen the UK CD32 TV advert?
[Reply]
Sharingan 06:50 21st July 2007
Don't think I have ... it's bound to be hilarious though
[Reply]
Harrison 10:09 21st July 2007
I will see if I have it when I get chance and upload it so you can take a look.
[Reply]
Blue Jedi 11:15 21st July 2007
Here is the link to the UK Amiga CD32 advert i think it was Awsome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMd5lMV4uFI

The advert was very exspensive in fact it was one of the most exspensive Games adverts ever made.

It starts were a proffesor working for Amiga takes the Amiga rep to his secret Amiga inventing room to show the Amiga rep the new Amiga CD32 console that he has been working on.

He explains all the Amiag CD32 capabilities and then the Professor presses some buttons on his computer and a door opens on the floor and a very advance robot rises from the door. The Proffessor begins testing the the Amiga CD32 on the advanced robot. The robot starts playing the games and then the advert starts stating facts about the Amiiga CD32, cool graphics, 32 thousand colours the professor tries to stop the advanced robot playing the Amiga CD32 then advanced robot blows up.
[Reply]
Submeg 11:32 21st July 2007
Cool.....and welcome to the forum Blue Jedi....first post I see!
[Reply]
Sharingan 12:54 21st July 2007
They certainly don't make ads like that anymore ... cheesy, but awesome.

Welcome to the forum Blue Jedi
[Reply]
Puni/Void 13:08 21st July 2007
to the forum, Blue Jedi! Hope you'll enjoy the stay.

I don't think that advert was particularly good in general, as they showed too little of CD32's gaming capabilities. I understand however that they put as much light as possible on the fact that it was the first 32bit console in the world, but they could have had some more space for showing off some of the cool games available.

Anyway, being an Amiga commercial, I enjoyed watching it.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up