Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Useless Amiga-related factoid No.1
v85rawdeal 19:18 19th July 2007
Originally Posted by :
The fattest sumo wrestler ever, Konishiki (alias The Dump Truck), weighed 556lb. That's about 39 stone (or 74 Amigas.)
Does anybody else know any useless Amiga-related factoids???
[Reply]
Sharingan 18:56 20th July 2007
Did you know the Amiga CD32 was actually advertised in the United States?

If that isn't going to convince you to buy one, I don't know what is
[Reply]
Submeg 22:17 20th July 2007
Wow that is one crazy ad!
[Reply]
Harrison 00:25 21st July 2007
And I thought the UK CD32 advertising was bad! Have you all seen the UK CD32 TV advert?
[Reply]
Sharingan 06:50 21st July 2007
Don't think I have ... it's bound to be hilarious though
[Reply]
Harrison 10:09 21st July 2007
I will see if I have it when I get chance and upload it so you can take a look.
[Reply]
J T 15:31 21st July 2007
Originally Posted by Sharingan:
Did you know the Amiga CD32 was actually advertised in the United States?

If that isn't going to convince you to buy one, I don't know what is
I know it's easy to laugh at old technology when judged by today's standards but "DOUBLE SPEED CD - SCREAMS" cracks me up (like when someone told me their 1.2 litre automatic Corsa was 'pretty quick').

Also "The game system that conquered Europe"....... Surely that's a foul, ref?
[Reply]
Blue Jedi 21:54 21st July 2007
Thanks for noticing this was my first post, I hope it was helpfull I will post in the new user section to let everyone know more about me and who I am.

Just as a bit of a taster I have every single issue of every Amiga 600 magazine from the past and I have every single issue of every 3DO Magazine and demo disks right up to its last issue. And and I have many other magazines for other consoles from the past. I also still have my GamesMaster Annual. I have patrick moores autograph because i watche Sky at Night and wrote to him, I also have lots of other consoles and games such as my Mega CD and Night Trap other games, I also have every single 3DO game Including Night Trap and a Panasonic 3DO FZ10.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 22:15 21st July 2007
Well, may I welcome you to the forum, home to all things Amiga, and many things Monkey...

Hope you enjoy the stay, and that you benefit greatly from the wisdom of all things Amiga. We are a friendly bunch, and none of us bite...

...well, not hard!!!
[Reply]
Submeg 22:22 21st July 2007
Woa, cool the 3D0 is an interesting machine alright. I would assume you would have Dragon's Lair and Space Ace yes?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up