Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Useless Amiga-related factoid No.1
J T 15:31 21st July 2007
Originally Posted by Sharingan:
Did you know the Amiga CD32 was actually advertised in the United States?

If that isn't going to convince you to buy one, I don't know what is
I know it's easy to laugh at old technology when judged by today's standards but "DOUBLE SPEED CD - SCREAMS" cracks me up (like when someone told me their 1.2 litre automatic Corsa was 'pretty quick').

Also "The game system that conquered Europe"....... Surely that's a foul, ref?
[Reply]
Blue Jedi 21:54 21st July 2007
Thanks for noticing this was my first post, I hope it was helpfull I will post in the new user section to let everyone know more about me and who I am.

Just as a bit of a taster I have every single issue of every Amiga 600 magazine from the past and I have every single issue of every 3DO Magazine and demo disks right up to its last issue. And and I have many other magazines for other consoles from the past. I also still have my GamesMaster Annual. I have patrick moores autograph because i watche Sky at Night and wrote to him, I also have lots of other consoles and games such as my Mega CD and Night Trap other games, I also have every single 3DO game Including Night Trap and a Panasonic 3DO FZ10.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 22:15 21st July 2007
Well, may I welcome you to the forum, home to all things Amiga, and many things Monkey...

Hope you enjoy the stay, and that you benefit greatly from the wisdom of all things Amiga. We are a friendly bunch, and none of us bite...

...well, not hard!!!
[Reply]
Submeg 22:22 21st July 2007
Woa, cool the 3D0 is an interesting machine alright. I would assume you would have Dragon's Lair and Space Ace yes?
[Reply]
Blue Jedi 22:31 21st July 2007
Thank you v85realdeal I am a Amiga 600 fan and have been since the Amiga600 was relased My favourite Amiga 600 games are Monkey Island 2, Hook,Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Fascination, Legend of Kyrianda and many more I still play Monkey Island 2and enjoy completing it over and over again.

How do i play the Amiga games in the Amiga games and demos archive or are they not playable.

Thanks Submeg I have dragons lair and space ace I have all the 3DO games and Demos the 3DO is a awsome console and I still play it now.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:42 23rd July 2007
There are no actual games in the games section of our site. It is a reference directory of all games released for the Amiga. But in the demo section there are links to most of the actual demo files on each of the pages, so you can download the demos and run them.

For the demos, most will be in LHA format. To run these on a real Amiga just get the lha archive onto your Amiga, unlha it to a folder and then run it. Instructions on how to run most is usually found in a text file included with the demo files. If not then it is normally quite obvious. If you find one of the files is a .exe file then just run this on the Amiga and it should launch the demo. Hope that helps.

As for games, if you want to know where to find Amiga games for download then plase ask in the file requests forum on here and we can help you out.

And welcome to the forum.
[Reply]
Blue Jedi 15:47 23rd July 2007
Ok i will ask them i was trying to download the full amiga games in the amiga section on this site because some games say they have hard drive download i will ask the others how to do it because i would rather download the full game instead of a demo if there is only demos then ill just play them instead.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:55 23rd July 2007
Oh, they are not demos of games. Our demo section is about the Amiga Demo Scene, and the downloads are of demoscene productions. Quite different to games.

We don't offer games for download on the site itself because most are still under copyright and therefore illegal to supply for download from the site itself. I have however sent you a PM which might be useful for you.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 18:27 23rd July 2007
Harrison wrote:

Originally Posted by :
For the demos, most will be in LHA format. To run these on a real Amiga just get the lha archive onto your Amiga, unlha it to a folder and then run it. Instructions on how to run most is usually found in a text file included with the demo files. If not then it is normally quite obvious. If you find one of the files is a .exe file then just run this on the Amiga and it should launch the demo. Hope that helps.
Like Harrison writes, it should be quite straightforward running the .lha packed demos. I just wanted to mention that quite a lot of the demos also comes as .dms files. This means that they are similar to disk images like .adf. WinUAE supports .dms now, so you can use these files just as you use .adf's. For most of the demos released after 1994, you'll have to get to grips with .lha though. If you have trouble unpacking and getting them to run, you can post in the demo section of the forum, and we'll help you out. There is a troubleshooting section there for such purposes.

If you haven't watched demos before, then I would recommend that you have a look at some of them. You'll find a find selection at our main site, www.classicamiga.com.
[Reply]
Blue Jedi 20:09 23rd July 2007
Thank you ill try them out on my WinUAE amiga emulator.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up