Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread: Current state of the PSP world (custom firmware)
FOL 00:09 29th August 2007
Originally Posted by AlexJ:
Probably a really stupid question, but if I put 3.52 M33-4 on it and update 5 comes out, can I then just update straight to 5 or do I have to go back to a basic 3.52 M33 with no updates?
You get my PM?

Yeh dont worry about updates, as they will work with any rev of current release, i.e. 3.52 M33 can be updated to -4 with out problem as it includes all the patches from -1, -2 and -3. The patches are designed so you can just update to the next, with out problem.
[Reply]
AlexJ 00:14 29th August 2007
Originally Posted by FOL:
You get my PM?

Yeh dont worry about updates, as they will work with any rev of current release, i.e. 3.52 M33 can be updated to -4 with out problem as it includes all the patches from -1, -2 and -3. The patches are designed so you can just update to the next, with out problem.
Yeah, got the PM thanks. Saves me having to find all the files. 3.52 M33 it is then. Just to check - do I need the official 150.pbp and 352.pbp like I did with 3.51 M33?
[Reply]
FOL 00:15 29th August 2007
You get my PM?

Yeah, got the PM thanks. Saves me having to find all the files. 3.52 M33 it is then.
Just make sure you read the readme i wrote, in the customfirmware folder, if you have gone the pandora way. You should then be fine, .
[Reply]
AlexJ 10:08 29th August 2007
I get a "The game could not be started. (8002014C)" error when trying to run the installer. Any ideas why?
[Reply]
Harrison 10:15 29th August 2007
This normally happens if you have put the files in the wrong place. Make sure they are in PSP/GAME150 and not PSP/GAME.
[Reply]
AlexJ 10:17 29th August 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
This normally happens if you have put the files in the wrong place. Make sure they are in PSP/GAME150 and not PSP/GAME.
Yeah I did a quick search on Maxconsole and that's what was said on there. Runs OK now.

EDIT: All done! Now running 3.52 M33-4
[Reply]
FOL 17:23 29th August 2007
Yeah I did a quick search on Maxconsole and that's what was said on there. Runs OK now.

lmao, i should have not done a readme, . I put all that info in there,
[Reply]
AlexJ 17:34 29th August 2007

From the readme:

Originally Posted by :
- Manually create the PSP/GAME (optionally PSP/GAME150) folders on the
Memory Stick.
- Copy the "battery" and "installer" programs to PSP/GAME
Yeah, I guess it makes sense if you read it understanding how the PSP firmware works, else it's a little confusing as it isn't really optional, it's required if you use CF instead of 1.5. But hey, I've learnt a little more about how it works and will know now next time something similar comes up.
[Reply]
FOL 17:36 29th August 2007

From the readme:

Originally Posted by :
Memory Stick.
Yeah, I guess it makes sense if you read it understanding how the PSP firmware works, else it's a little confusing as it isn't really optional, it's required if you use CF instead of 1.5. But hey, I've learnt a little more about how it works and will know now next time something similar comes up.
ermmmm, thats not my readme. My readme is in the cutomfirmwares folder.
[Reply]
AlexJ 17:40 29th August 2007
From the readme:

Originally Posted by :
Memory Stick.
ermmmm, thats not my readme. My readme is in the cutomfirmwares folder.
That only goes through the 1.5 > 3.52M33 process. The bit I got stuck with the GAME/GAME150 was making the Jigkick battery on my 3.51M33 PSP. Once down to 1.5 the upgrade was totally clear.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5 6
Up