Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: PSPUAE 0.63 Birthday Edition released
Harrison 22:46 23rd August 2007
Do you know why the other devs have abandoned it?

That is sad news as it will be a daunting task on your own. Hope you manage to continue improving it.

So many emulators appear on all platforms and start to look really promising, but then just get left behind. I hope it doesn't happen with PSPUAE, as it is already a great emulator and is running a lot of stuff at near full speed already.
[Reply]
FOL 12:27 24th August 2007
Dont know, I have posted and posted, emailed and emailed, but get no replies, but they still visit site. .

I will never give up on it. Even if i am the only left.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:06 24th August 2007
That is great to hear that you will never give up on it. The PSP is the only handheld system currently powerful enough to emulate the Amiga well, and PSPUAE already shows this.

Have you tried asking in the rest of the Amiga emulation community to see if anyone else with UAE experience would be interested in joining you on continued development?
[Reply]
FOL 18:22 24th August 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
That is great to hear that you will never give up on it. The PSP is the only handheld system currently powerful enough to emulate the Amiga well, and PSPUAE already shows this.

Have you tried asking in the rest of the Amiga emulation community to see if anyone else with UAE experience would be interested in joining you on continued development?
Well, there was ZX-81, but when asked. His reply was something like "im not helping, i will do my own and do it better" .

Its a shame, the current team worked well together, I would always seem to push them gently along. Hence all the the releases before, took me 6 months to find every last bit of speed in current release. With Gnostic's optimizations, and cmf's (which we couldnt include fully) memory work. It was worth the wait, I still feel bad about leaving cmf's memory changes. I had to as it slowed emu right down. It was a choice between best speed so far or better memory stability.

Anyways, im back to see if i missed anythings, that could yield more speed and try and fix sound. Only found the problem by looking at 0.41 release, last release from original author.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up