Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Washed out of the cinema!
Harrison 11:00 16th July 2007
Literally!

I went to see the new Harry Potter film on Sunday in Chichester.

Just before we got to the cinema there was a huge storm. I've never seen so much rain fall in such a short period of time. It started suddenly and 10 minutes later it ended and was hot and sunny again. The drains couldn't take it and all of the roads were flooded, some must have had over a foot of water.

We got to the cinema (had prebooked) but couldn't get in through the main entrance as the foyer was flooded! So they let us in through the side entrance.

We sat through the adverts and the film started. We had watched about 20 minutes into the film when suddenly an employee walked to the front of the cinema and announced that they were evacuating the cinema due to the flooding! So we all had to leave via the emergency exit and were stood outside wondering what was happening. We walked round to the front of the building where some fire engines were positioned and another employee was announcing with a megaphone that the cinema had been closed and would not be reopening that day, and to show our tickets at a future performance for free admission to another showing.

That is the first time I've been evocuated from a cinema during the film. The film was getting really good by that point too. Oh well, will have to try again next weekend.

So we when went into Chichester and some of the shops had water dripping through their ceilings!
[Reply]
Sharingan 12:09 16th July 2007
Heh. I knew about 4D-theaters that make use of 3D glasses, wind, and sprayings of water (for 'added effect'), but this takes it to a whole new level.

I sure hope the theater is giving the affected people free tickets for the next showing?

Oh, I saw Harry Potter last saturday. I enjoyed it, even though this episode doesn't really move the story forward much at all.
[Reply]
Submeg 12:16 16th July 2007
Lol, yea it kicks Imax out the water....lol literally!
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 13:42 16th July 2007
I havn't seen the new Harry Potter film yet. I will probably go and see it next week. Hopefully it won't get flooded when I go.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:51 16th July 2007
Maybe it's a new "feature" of the film Steve. After all we were evacuated shortly after the scene where they fly down the thames on their broom sticks, so it added some realism to the film!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:33 16th July 2007
Imagine you went on a day to see Deep Impact, and this happened.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:43 16th July 2007
Or titanic!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 17:46 16th July 2007
Originally Posted by :
Or titanic!
Was the cinema on a boat??
[Reply]
Submeg 22:07 16th July 2007
yea that would suck
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 08:56 19th July 2007
All this bad weather is just an over-the-top promotional stunt for 'Evan Almighty'... And people thought the promo stunt for 'The Simpsons Movie' was OTT!!!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up