Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Thread: PS3 Price Drop
Harrison 01:24 10th August 2007
Cheers for that. I was sure it must use the same connector and therefore be compatible with PS2 cables. That will save time when I do get a PS3. Well until I then get an HDTV as that will require a lot of rewiring of everything which could be a bit of a nightmare if you could see the number of wires and things wired up together.
[Reply]
J T 10:37 10th August 2007
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
And my Panasonic plasma TV was also a great investment, I would never give it away. I have a generation 8 Panasonic plasma, and they recently brought the 10th generation to the market. Oz bought the same model as mine, but the 9th generation. He bought it after he saw mine in action

And having it connected to a Panasonic S-97 HDMI DVD player and using 720p or 1080i is just a pure pleasure, Star Wars also looks awesome (that might interest Harrison).

And here again, for those who haven't seen it yet, my great Panasonic TV.
I have the 9th gen one too -a 37 incher- and I absolutely love that screen (the differnces betwen the 8 and the 9 were very small indeed, mostly cosmetic).

Great screens, and only had minor image retention problems, which go after a few minutes of a different channel.
[Reply]
Sharingan 22:44 11th August 2007
Went to the shop today, fully intent on buying a brand spankin' new LCD HDTV, but in the end I got a 22" widescreen TFT (Samsung Syncmaster 226BW) for the PC instead. Since it had a DVI port, I thought ... why not try hooking up the PS3 to it, just to see what high def next-gen gaming is like?

So I bought a HDMI-to-DVI cable, connected everything and gave it a whirl. I wasn't disappointed ... everything looked so much more crisp and detailed ... a night and day's difference.

I don't see myself using this monitor much for PS3 gaming, since I still intend to buy a 'decent' LCD TV sometime soon, but I definitely liked what I saw!

There was this monster of a full-HD screen (there was one from Samsung and one from Sharp) in the shop, by the way, which looked absolutely wicked. At 132cm, it would be an incredible piece of hardware for a home cinema setup. Sitting at about 5m away from it, it sure did fill a big part of my field of vision. It does cost a pretty penny however (€ 3000), and likely, uses a lot of electricity.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 12:55 13th August 2007
Originally Posted by :
It does cost a pretty penny however (€ 3000), and likely, uses a lot of electricity.
Watt consumption has dramatically dropped since the last years, mine takes (when switched ON) not even 200 watt, which is peanuts compared to 2-3 years ago, when a plasma still consumed 2000 watt, and imagine the heat emission.
[Reply]
StuKeith 13:08 13th August 2007
I should have my Xbox360 in a couple of weeks. I got it free when upgrading my phone contract!

I could of gone for a free PS3 but the phone was crap and it was a £75 a month tariff!
[Reply]
Harrison 14:07 13th August 2007
So with a £75 a month contract you would not really have been getting a free PS3 then. I suppose with the Xbox 360 they have to give them away free so M$ can still claim they are selling well.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:26 19th September 2007
The PS3 is now at 499.95€ at Gamefreax, a shop where I often order some stuff. That is 335£, so price already dropped. Hm, I'm getting a little excited
[Reply]
Harrison 14:37 19th September 2007
£335 is definitely a much nicer price. If it dropped to £299.99 then I bet it would suddenly start to sell very well in the UK.

Cheapest I've seen in UK at moment is at Amazon, for £399 with a HDMI cable, extra
controller & 2 games.

[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 12:51 25th September 2007
Just bought one this morning for 599€ with 2 controllers (6-axis) and 2 games (Motorstorm & Resistance). Have to wait until this evening to install it.
[Reply]
Sharingan 14:27 25th September 2007
Congratulations DC

I'm thinking of snatching up a copy of Heavenly Sword sometime soon. Folklore isn't far off from release, either (10th October).
[Reply]
Tags:Array
10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Up