Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: Scariest Amiga gaming moment
Harrison 15:59 10th July 2007
At least it didn't take much to get rid of the evidence. Just pull out the plug!

I wonder if he got caught when the neighbours discovered the drains were blocked and called out the plumber.
[Reply]
Submeg 00:56 11th July 2007
Hmm...not cool. so, he just went to the local hardware store...can I have 60 L of acid thanks...
[Reply]
Sharingan 07:59 11th July 2007
An acid bath would surely solve all skin problems

When it comes to horror games, I find there's basically two kinds of scary: cheap, surprise scares (zombies bursting through the window unexpectedly), or creeping, psychological terror (used broadely in the Silent Hill series). Personally, I find the latter to be much more terrifying and effective. Silent Hill 2 didn't have many cheap scare moments. What it did so well, was creating a thorough sense of dread through suggestive imagery, disturbing, filthy scenery and a constricting atmosphere. By merely hinting at the gruesome events that might have happened in the past to other, less fortunate victims, it sets the player to imagining terrible things.

I had so many 'WTF' moments in SH2 - just when I thought it couldn't get any more obscene, it managed to throw something even more grotesque in my face.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:45 11th July 2007
Totally with you there. Psychological horror is much greater than simple shock based horror. Much more depth and intelligence involved and the sense of unease and disturbing feelings it generates really draws you into the film.
[Reply]
Sharingan 17:06 11th July 2007
Hence why I'm looking forward to the next Silent Hill. The extra graphical horsepower of the next-gen consoles should elevate the game to GRAND NEW LEVELS OF SICK. Oh yes.
[Reply]
Submeg 23:02 11th July 2007
Lol, you guys find strange things fun
[Reply]
Harrison 09:45 12th July 2007
Have you played Silent Hill Submeg? If not you should, it's great.
[Reply]
Submeg 12:59 12th July 2007
Yea, I played Silent Hill 4....I think it sucked. I spent most of the time running around looking for something to do...couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do
[Reply]
Teho 13:57 12th July 2007
Bad luck then, Silent Hill 4 is easily the worst in the series. It wasn't even supposed to be a Silent Hill game, Konami forced the developer to put that name on it so it would sell better. The first three games are different, and much better.
[Reply]
Submeg 14:06 12th July 2007
Really? So how do the others outrank them? Better storyline, gameplay?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up