Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5 11
Thread: Worst Amiga games ever!
Puni/Void 06:23 9th July 2007
There's always a lot of discussion concerning which games we like the most, the ones we have good memories with, and so on. This is of course interesting to discuss, but let's flip the coin, and think about the opposite; Which are the worst games you can play on the Amiga, and that should be avoided at all costs?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 07:22 9th July 2007
There are a lot, you could at least mention about 50% of released games were crap. I come across some games which send cold shivers up and down my spine when doing screenshots. Lately I tested Bad Cat, and it was really bad.
[Reply]
Sharingan 08:24 9th July 2007
Dragon's Lair, Space Ace. Obviously, the graphics were nifty, but why call them 'games' when you're only 'playing' 5% of the time, watching animation 50% of the time and waiting for those animations to load the other 45%?

If I want to view a cartoon, I'll buy a cartoon, simple as that.
[Reply]
Harrison 09:08 9th July 2007
But I wouldn't personally say games like Dragon's Lair are bad, that is just the style of that type of game. Plus the Amiga version was the closest post at the time to the arcade original.

As DC said, there are a lot of really bad games released over the years, as with any format. I will have to have a think on what the worst of them are and then post them.
[Reply]
Submeg 12:27 9th July 2007
Originally Posted by Sharingan:
Dragon's Lair, Space Ace. Obviously, the graphics were nifty, but why call them 'games' when you're only 'playing' 5% of the time, watching animation 50% of the time and waiting for those animations to load the other 45%?

If I want to view a cartoon, I'll buy a cartoon, simple as that.

[Reply]
Harrison 13:21 9th July 2007
I think you upset him!
[Reply]
Sharingan 21:17 9th July 2007
Originally Posted by Submeg:

Wait! Don't tell me you're the one who made those games

It's strange ... I've been trying to think of other Amiga titles I thought were sub-par, but I really can't think of any. I guess the fond memories are much stronger than the less fond ones.
[Reply]
Submeg 21:46 9th July 2007
Na, it's just that it was the first I game I played on the Amiga.....I was four so yea, I love that game
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 05:31 10th July 2007
I love the Dragon's Lair original cabinet, or playing it with Daphne, but never liked any conversion to console or computer. Worst one has to be the C64 conversion, aaaarrrrgh!!!
[Reply]
Teho 10:48 10th July 2007
Hah, I had the C64 version as well! That was genuinely horrible, but I hear that the SNES version is even worse if possible. Not tried that though.

For worst Amiga game I can never get around Rise of the Robots. To think I bought this game full-priced once. I'm never getting over it. It's still keeping me awake at nights.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5 11
Up