Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Thread: Worst Amiga games ever!
Buleste 15:28 25th January 2008
Liberation worked fine even on a stock 1200. Just so much anticipation as the installing of the textures took ages and in the end the game was IMO crap, dull, all textures and no content.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:23 29th January 2008
I think that f.ex. Bubble Bobble had a good conversion on the Amiga, I played it a lot, and it was far easier than the Arcade version.

I also quite liked Roadkill, but I only played it when doing the screenshots some time ago, never played in my life before. But I thought it was ok.
[Reply]
Harrison 17:03 29th January 2008
I think with a game like Roadkill it all depends what expectations you have before first playing it. If you know the style of game then I think most people will enjoy it, but if you were anticipating it for some time and believing all the hype then it might have easily disappointed.
[Reply]
Buleste 10:40 1st February 2008
Just thought of a terrible game. Puzzlebobs, A game that requires lots of hard disk space, requires a graphics card and a fast Amiga. Unfortunately I've seen better graphics on a C64. The only reason you need a graphics card is for the background pictures which are on the whole crap and could easily be done on a stock A500. Its a perfect example as to why the Amiga games market is dead.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 10:48 6th February 2008
This must be the only time anyone ever has slagged of Stunt Car Racer, it's like slagging of Sensible Soccer.

R-Type is a great game.
In fact I suggest we play it after Deluxe Galaga comp has ended.

HoverSprint, by CodeMasters I think.

You had this hovercraft (Well that is what it was supposed to be, didn't look like one)
and you were supposed to race around a track.

It took two days to get any speed and you would be just as successful using your feet as your hands with the joystick.

Your little craft just constantly bounced of one side of the track to the other, each time bringing your speed back to zero.

Also made a noise like a Netto own brand vacuum cleaner.

It's the only commercial game I have that has had disk failure.

I think it might have committed suicide out of embarrassment.
[Reply]
burns flipper 13:23 6th February 2008
NOW, thanks to the WONDER of the INTERNET, I am able to bring to YOU, MY TRUSTED FRIENDS, a thing of BEAUTY and MAGIC.

Presenting, for the first time...Sixth Sense Investigations: The Movie

Now you too can experience the utter, utter mundanity of the voice acting, the puzzles devised by monkeys, and the soul-destroying ending.

See if, as I did, you feel the following emotions whilst watching:

After 1 minute: "Wow, lovely graphics!"
After 2 minutes: "That voice acting is annoying"
After 3 minutes: "Feeling dizzy. Feel faint."
After 4 minutes: "Must...stop...video.........can't...move...hand......"
After 1 HOUR: "I feel like the Man in Black from The Princess Bride, on the life-sucking machine!! I'M 25 YEARS OLDER!!"
After 1 hour 4 minutes: "I WISH I HAD NEVER BEEN BORN"
After 2 HOURS 5 MINUTES: "I have a new appreciation for Purpose in Life. It does not include playing this again."

Now you can SHARE IN MY PAIN.

Enjoy.
[Reply]
Graham Humphrey 14:42 6th February 2008
Originally Posted by TiredOfLife:
This must be the only time anyone ever has slagged of Stunt Car Racer.
I'll join in with that too - it bored me so much I pretty much lost the will to live.
[Reply]
Buleste 14:58 6th February 2008
I prefered SCR on the C64 as it was ground breaking for that machine but it's still a good game. However after watching that Sixth Sense there is new contender for worst game or at least worst voiceover. It's either a cure for insomnia or an experiment in how to cause psychopathic tendencies in "normal" people.
[Reply]
roger 23:27 8th February 2008
Rat Race sucks worse than any game has ever sucked!

[Reply]
TiredOfLife 06:16 10th February 2008
Hadn't heard of that one.
i think the screen shots say it all though.
It looks horrendous.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Up